Sand: C1 Coral Sand 2KG

Filtration: Eheim 2011

Livestock: 1 Blood Red Fire Shrimp, Harlequin Shrimp, Starfish

20121130_002004.jpg

20121130_001958.jpg

20121130_002106.jpg

20121130_002040.jpg

20121130_002023.jpg

Intend to get more blood red shrimps!!! But definitely no fishes.

Need some advise here guys.

Is it fine to keep electric blue hermits together with my blood red shrimp and harlequein shrimp??? Cause I have two pieces, and they seem to be fighting, dont want them to die, so maybe would transfer one over to this tank.

• SRC Supporter
Need some advise here guys.

Is it fine to keep electric blue hermits together with my blood red shrimp and harlequein shrimp??? Cause I have two pieces, and they seem to be fighting, dont want them to die, so maybe would transfer one over to this tank.

Yes, you can keep blue Hermit with your blood shrimp. Watch out when u feed your harlequin shrimp as it can get messy and pollute the water when they feed. Do you know their special diet?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

can mix harlequin with blood shrimp?

Dun think it will be a problem.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

Yes, you can keep blue Hermit with your blood shrimp. Watch out when u feed your harlequin shrimp as it can get messy and pollute the water when they feed. Do you know their special diet?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

You mean it's starfish diet? Yeah I have one in there for it already. I'm thinking of adding seachem purigen in there for additional filtration.

Anyone seen blood red shrimps anywhere around? :)

• SRC Member

Blood shrimps can get aggressive when bigger. Mine ate the skunk cleaner neighbour.

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• 3 weeks later...

Blood shrimps can get aggressive when bigger. Mine ate the skunk cleaner neighbour.

Will take note, but there really isnt much for him to eat in this tank :D

Recently, my tank grew red slime algae so it stopped my buying for awhile. Any idea by it started growing for no reason? Is it because of higher temperature?