My little 2ft Haven

jxlex

Bro im always glad to share :) if u interested in anything in particular and it is in good condition to frag, u can come by and pick it up... Im sure its gg to a good home and thats all i need :)
Thanks for the good gesture, bro. Hope to visit u soon. Cheers.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• SRC Member

Great Colourful Healthy Sps.

Very Swee

Yt

Uncle mike, urs is then legendary man! Must lemme noe when u have stuff to sell k :) come and steal knowledge from u at the same time! :)

:: just a noob ::

• SRC Member

@kakani - thanks for your kind gesture bro! We should, when im going to the west will contact u then we come out la la kopi man... Many stuff to learn from u!

@patrick - bro i have been keeping alot of stuff for u man!

@admiraltian - np bro! Can definitely be arranged :)

@kakani - thanks for your kind gesture bro! We should, when im going to the west will contact u then we come out la la kopi man... Many stuff to learn from u!

@patrick - bro i have been keeping alot of stuff for u man!

@admiraltian - np bro! Can definitely be arranged :)

Thanks in advance bro. You are welcome to havest any corals in my tank once everything is up and stable in future. For now I just have to be patient and wait haha it's a long journey for me but I'm sure it will pay off one day :P

Sent from my LG-E975 using Tapatalk 2

• SRC Member

Cheers,

James

Reviving my reef tank :

Crystal glass 53" x 22" x 17" rimless (inclusive of 12"x22"x17" IOS)

Life Reef HVS3-24 with mazzei venturi

ATI Sunpower 8 x 39w T5 (4 x Blue plus, 2 x Aqua blue special, Coral plus)

ZET Light 3 x 3w LEDs moonlight

Arctica 1/3 Hp + 1/4 Hp back up

Vortech mp40w x 3 + Jebao wp25

Eheim 1264 x 3 + water blaster 5000

Vortech back up battery

TLF-150 + Rowaphos

Activated carbon

Kamoer 3 channel + CaCl2 + NaHCo3

150L Refugium with DSB, miracle mud, cheato

2ft T5 x 2 light tubes for refugium

• SRC Member

My secret is no cigarettes... Ok thats quite lame... To add i smoke like crazy...

Anyway, in all seriousness i dun really have much "secrets". My regime follows that like many others.

Lighting wise is Radion w TIR lens currently running at 80% artificial mode. Aim to get it to probably 70%... Lights come on at 8+am and goes of at 11+pm. Of course it doesn't run at the same temperature throughout this long period la...

Im on full FM products and follow the dosing regime religiously... I not able to advice on qty as every tank is different and amt would also be diff. No biopellets only rowaphos and hydrocarbon.

Water change as best as i can every fortnight of 10%, together with balling method using FM balling light. Feeding twice a day with mysis in the morning for the fishes, oyster feast and rotifer at night for the corals :)

However, even 6 mths into it im still very anal with checking parameters so i do so at least 2-3 times a week when im in town. When its not right, i will step in to fix the problem...

Other then that, try to have as little change as possible and spend less time meddling at the tank... :P they then to do better when u dun keep messing around.

Look (ogle) at your tank... Let the corals tell u what to do... They are good indicators...

As you can see and as per what i mentioned earlier, i really do not have much secrets... Lol

Happy reefing guys!

• SRC Member

Always appreciate ur sharing bro!

I am using fm balling light also. But to add in to kh. Ca topup via dosing pump.

How do u do together with wc?

Also u feed ur coral a lot.... how u manage the no3? Only fm method?

Thanks

:superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman:

• SRC Member

Always appreciate ur sharing bro!

I am using fm balling light also. But to add in to kh. Ca topup via dosing pump.

How do u do together with wc?

Also u feed ur coral a lot.... how u manage the no3? Only fm method?

Thanks

No worries la bro :)

Not exactly sure what u mean but the balling trace light 1,2 & 3 is added to my stock Ca & Mg solution which is dosed into the system with a dosing pump. Maybe i didnt make myself clear la :)

NO3 n PO4 is both managed by FM zeolites (UltraLith) and the use of UltraBio (nitrifying and denitrifying bacteria) and UltraBak (nutrient). Dont really have a nutrient problem for months already...

Hope this helps...