Need advise on new external protein skimmer for nano tank

Flavs

If you have space in your tank, you can try Skimz. Its a local company doing high-end skimmers. Just got mine at aquamarin. model - SH1 is submerge into water. model - SH2 is hangon skimmer.

http://www.aquamarin...sg/blog/?p=2381

Any feedback bro?

Reef
Tank: 48"x 24"x 24"
Lightings: Maxspect Razor 120w x 2

Skimmer: Skimz Kone SK1
Chiller: Hailea 1/4 hp w/ Aquabee 3000
Wave Maker: Tunze 6065 x 2
Return Pump: Eheim 1262
Uv: Coralife 9 watt Uv w/ Eheim compact 1000

Fowlr
Tank: 36"x 21"x 16"
Lightings: Beamswork Ultrabright Led x 2
Skimmer: Skimz SM161
Wave Maker: Maxijet 1200
Return Pump: Eheim Compact 2000

If you have space in your tank, you can try Skimz. Its a local company doing high-end skimmers. Just got mine at aquamarin. model - SH1 is submerge into water. model - SH2 is hangon skimmer.

Hi bro,

What is the min water level for SH1 ?

May want to get one for my nano but put it inside the sump instead of main tank lo.. :erm: ! possible?

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

Bros, I decided to get a BM NAC QQ instead to try out due to the small footprint and affordable pricing.

Skimmer have yet to settle in, can see the bubbles going up and down. So far it looks promising, except it can't fit into the IOS at the back, hence need to hang inside the tank. : (

Reef

Fowlr

Skimmer in action.

post-5734-0-82157400-1355925155_thumb.jp

Reef

Fowlr

• 2 weeks later...

I want to get those that sits out of the aquarium, and do not need to hang at the back. Not very much in favour of the hang-on kind. Recently my tank has some greasy layer on top, so im thinking of getting a better protein skimmer to remove the protein build-up.

Thanks all who have replied ! :thumbsup:

I got a bubble magus e3 for my 34 litre OF nano. It fits just nice on the back. Haven't switched it on yet though, as the tank is still cycling.

bro check with you, which compartment did you place your bubble magnus e3 into your 34L of nano?

It is hung on the back. Inlet inside back right compartment, outlet in pump compartment

wah nice I've been looking for a quality skimmer! Anyway the inlet inside the back right compartment, how deep does it go... There's enough space right? Did you remove any filter media cuz got the stock plastic container box containing the filter media. thx:)