Mini or short Hydrometer in SG

adrian_ych

Hi, I would like some advise as I am looking for a short hydrometer for my nano-tank which is only about 6 inches deep (11 inch (L) x 7 inch (H) x 6 inch (W) tank).

I am currently using 2 types of floating hydrometers in my main tank (8 inch "unbranded" and 6 inch Sera).

Kindly advise if shorter ones that mainly measure between 1.010 to 1.030 is sufficient as I do not really need the whole 1.000 to 1.040 range.

also if the Oceanic Systems AOC36014 Biocube Mini Hydrometer is available in SG ?

http://about.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=771893892/search=Oceanic%2BBioCube%2BMini%2BHydrometer/mode=about_saltaquarium/rd_type=M

sorry for the late reply.

I only saw 1 refractometer at aquamarine...

But I am looking for something to hang inside the nano tank.

For a small tank....10% WC is only like 1L or so hard to use a swing arm...also most swing arms too large to fit in small tank...

I am looking for either short hydrometer or any digital ones that have a probe inside the tank (some thing like some of those digital tank thermometers)

Thanks for the advise....

For the meantime, due to budget constrains, I got 1 no brand hydrometer (1.022), 1 sera hydrometer (1.020) and a red sea swing arm hydrometer (1.025).

I noticed that all 3 gave different readings but were quite close, the numbers from my current tank water in as above so I just average out.

Is there a "digital meter" or "idiot-proof" meter which an idiot like me can use ?

BTW, so far in my tank got LR and a few tube worms....

• Like 1

Thanks for the advise....

For the meantime, due to budget constrains, I got 1 no brand hydrometer (1.022), 1 sera hydrometer (1.020) and a red sea swing arm hydrometer (1.025).

I noticed that all 3 gave different readings but were quite close, the numbers from my current tank water in as above so I just average out.

Is there a "digital meter" or "idiot-proof" meter which an idiot like me can use ?

BTW, so far in my tank got LR and a few tube worms....

pinpoint salinity, digital, easy and accurate. But costly.

~ 24 June 2012 ~

Main Tank Display- 4ft (L) x 2ft (W) x 2.5ft (H) 3side view

Return Pump- 2x Eheim 1262

Wavemaker- Conch II + Tunze

Skimmer- Hydor Performer 700DP

Lighting- Sun System Tek-Light T5 8 x ATI 54W

Chiller- Hailea 1/4hp

Reactor- Skimz FR Rowaphos

Dosing Pump- Bubble Magus BM-T01

-Refugium-

• SRC Member

there is also another one which Gemsurf previously brought in, please check out their threads.

btw I am using the pinpoint one. Not bad, I use this for preparing my water.

2 Feet Tank: (Decom Feb 2015)
-Lightings : Pharos LED light 90W with wireless controller
-Chiller : Arctica 1/10HP with H2Ocean Flow Pump 2000

-Wavemaker : Vortech MP10ES
-Skimmer : Bubble Magus NAC 3.5

-Return Pump : Eheim Compact 3000
-Reactor – TLF150 (Mod) with NP Biopellet
-Reactor – TLF150 with Rowaphos

I am looking something like the senseye, but it does not measure salinity....

http://www.seneye.com/store/seneye-reef.html

iirc, no need to consider Seneye product if you have no budget. If you have some then go for Refractometer else stick on to your hydrometer la.. <_< .

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

iirc, no need to consider Seneye product if you have no budget. If you have some then go for Refractometer else stick on to your hydrometer la.. <_< .

Bro....not that do not have budget...nor did I ever mention anything about budget, but sometimes got to be a little realistic for nano set-up but also weighing the cost of dead fishes and cruelty if we have the means but not the sense of responsibility.

I hope to seek your kind understanding as I am trying to get the value for money yet easy to use or idiot-proof device.