My 2x2x2 ft cube tank

sunny03

• SRC Member

dont tell me i going to need a 150 MH with 110w pl :cry: ??? 110w pl still not enough meh ?? :rolleyes:

wat kind of nuk is it ??

post-34-1075477689.jpg

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Christmas tree worms are worms...porites are porites. They are just 2 different organisms. The worms are burrowers, burrowing into the porites.

I don't think it's really confirmed that the worms actually depend on the porites for food. Since christmas tree worms are already filter-feeding. Besides porites they can be found on other types of sps as well, but they seem to prefer porites. Maybe the worms are only adapted into burrowing into certain sps corals, that's why people believe that the worms can only survive with the porites.

My personal opinion that christmas tree worms don't die because of the host dying....but more often than not they starve to death because reefers are scared of overfeeding phytoplankton.

An experiment that could be done is to let the porites die...and let the worms be exposed to forever circulating natural seawater. Maybe that would answer the question.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member

Your porites (x'mas tree rock) and clam need more light.

You will also need to maintain Calcium and Alkilinity levels.

Is that a whitish-brown hairy nudibranch on your porites? If so, get rid of it or it will slowly devour your porites.

• SRC Member
Your porites (x'mas tree rock) and clam need more light.

You will also need to maintain Calcium and Alkilinity levels.

Is that a whitish-brown hairy nudibranch on your porites? If so, get rid of it or it will slowly devour your porites.

tks the nudi is gone since last nite in now lookign for the other one think i saw 2 :lol:

attach is my new fish and shimp they came in a pair but now cant seem to find the shimp

post-34-1075544020.jpg

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

• SRC Member

yap i diy mine own light

guys can my goby find the shimp ?? cos the shimp is hiding in a cave on the rock while teh goby fis hiding in the sand or their friendship will ended

The goby should be able to find the shrimp. I caught my watchman goby out and put him back at the other end of the tank and it still made its way back to the shrimp at the other end of the tank.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member

this is the goby that bought today still looking for the shrimp any idea wat species is it

post-34-1075556020.jpg

Nice tank you have! Could you tell me what water did you use during your initial set-up, sea water or distilled water mixes with sea salt. I'm using tap water mixes with sea water, but it gave me lots of algae problems. Please advised? Thanks you.

Nice tank you have! Could you tell me what water did you use during your initial set-up, sea water or distilled water mixes with sea salt. I'm using tap water mixes with sea water, but it gave me lots of algae problems. Please advised? Thanks you.

unless you have deionizers and stuffs to control the phosphate level, you will find this prob happening ;)

Bioload plays a part too :lol:

• SRC Member

the goby seem like to live alone now :( however i could hear the sound of the Pistol, it like my tank going to crack especially when u are sleeping and u hear the sound

• SRC Member

will get use to it cos the tank is in my room bty how do u guy catch your anthias out of your tank ??? they dont seem to swim into trap