Worm and "insects" in rocks

• SRC Member

google bristle worms and copepods and amphipods

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

I can see slim long debris like "waste" being pushed out from some holes in my live rocks. It forms a pile of dirt just outside the holes but I did'nt get to see what creature did it. I can also see long strands of thread like things extending from some other holes reaching for the nearest object too. These strands will extend and withdraw into the holes every now and then.

i dont think its bristle worm, it looks more like earthworm ( thin and brownish in colour).

For pods, i thought the fishes will probably eat them if they are exposed, but it seems that the fish doesnt really care about them, and they seem to climb around my Zoas and other corals.

• SRC Member

i dont think its bristle worm, it looks more like earthworm ( thin and brownish in colour).

For pods, i thought the fishes will probably eat them if they are exposed, but it seems that the fish doesnt really care about them, and they seem to climb around my Zoas and other corals.

Climb around Zoas. Could be nudibranch.

i have some white creatures that started appearing in my tank as well and they stick to my tank glass.. looks like tiny starfishes. but i doubt they are. any bros here know what it is?

Do you keep snails? i have something like that and after a few weeks i saw lotsa baby snails climbing at the base of my tank.

Its kinda funny, when the lights come on, they all will drop automatically to bottom.

Googled on spaghetti worms. They are really hideous looking creatures.

i went to search on it, it does have some resemblance , but spaghetti worms have alot of "legs", but then again, which in my case is more of thin strand of earthworm climbing in and out of the rocks.

Do you keep snails? i have something like that and after a few weeks i saw lotsa baby snails climbing at the base of my tank.

Its kinda funny, when the lights come on, they all will drop automatically to bottom.

haha the problem is they dont. they just stick to the glass like starfishes even when the lights are on. i dont have any snails in my tank at the moment, any bros here can enlighten me?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The rocks were sun dried for 3 days before placing them into the tank. But i guess the pest comes from the corals bought @ various farms, i guess that inevitable

you can dip your newly brought corals before introducing to your tank.

i had the same problem before too, some zoas i brought come with nudibranch that invade my tank.

coral rx or lugol's solutions or coral cleaner will rid the unwanted.

The spirit of sharing...

always remember forum is like its name - forum

Singapore Reef Club – We are an online discussion community which aim to provide quality information about setting up and keeping a marine reef aquarium. By joining us as a members, you will be able to learn and share your experience in this hobby and at the same time making some friends here !! We hope by educating the public about the marine hobby, we will be able to create greater awareness of the fragility of our coral reefs as well as loving each and every living fish / corals we purchase as a responsible reefer.