Small nano tank

Hi,

About to embark on a new marine journey. Have a few questions in mind, hoping the gurus here can help out with.

30Cm cube tank 5mm thick. Would this be enough for a pair of clowns and maybe just a couple of low maintainence corals?

Could i go without a filter and just use liverocks for the main bio part and a skimmer?

What makes of skimmer is good enough for this tank and will not burn a hole?

Any help here?

If i chose a tank design without holes for a sump, Can i use those overflow box to draw water from my main tank to a sump tank below the holding table and channel the water back to the main tank via a returning pump?

I agree, a hangon filter will be sufficient for a 1 footer. Provided that u keep ur stocks to minimum. Im using a overflow box for my 2ft and yes, u can do it this way with a return pump. If u have the space, i do reccomend a sump, it adds volume to ur existing tank, thus more stable parameters. And also it can hold ur wetdry, skimmer, refugium... Less clutter on ur DT.

Buy fish that excite YOU, and respect others' passions.

Yes, we know, there's a cheaper and prettier fish than the one were talking about. - John Coppolino

Yeap I second hob filter... try getting a bigger one of you can like aquaclear ect.. so you can also use it as a fuge, flow will be enough, don't need extra powerheads. because I think later when you encounter high n03 p04 ect.. then using a hob/fuge will come in handy.

Fantastic help guys. Decided to go with a 40cm cube with a extra 10cm depth for internal ios at the back. Cant do sump as its a table top tank.

Gonna design the ios a d go kelantan lane to do the tank. 8mm glass should be enough for this volume right? Any help on the ios design. 10cm depth enough to house the BM e3?