Top up water

Qun77

• SRC Member

Hello,

Wanna heard how do you do the top ups?

If u top up or change 10% of water daily, do you still mix sea salt for each top up? Even if it is not a lot of new water? Or do u simply just add water as long as the sanlity is in the correct range.

Cheers

hi bro. A lot of people have the misconception that changing water and topping up of water is the same thing. It's different. topping up of water is done with normal RO/Di water. When you do your water change, you use water with salt mix. hope that answers your question.

u won't dilute the salinity.

but those trace elements like mg, kh etc. so that when those part A, B comes in.

The spirit of sharing...

always remember forum is like its name - forum

Singapore Reef Club – We are an online discussion community which aim to provide quality information about setting up and keeping a marine reef aquarium. By joining us as a members, you will be able to learn and share your experience in this hobby and at the same time making some friends here !! We hope by educating the public about the marine hobby, we will be able to create greater awareness of the fragility of our coral reefs as well as loving each and every living fish / corals we purchase as a responsible reefer.

• SRC Member

Just to share. We are using a fan hence water dries pretty fast. My mum just top water. I told her to test first as over time topping up will dillute the water. So if its too diluted I ask her to add a little (not alot) bcoz if its too much it will be too concentrated when the water evaporates again