Anthias fight

• SRC Member

Guys need your help currently i have 5 Anthias, 2 are Lyretail Anthias 2 are Fathead Anthias i suppose the other one cant find a pic suit it ...

the LYretail are intro 2 days b4 and are feeding well but today i brought another 3 anthias, the 2 LYretail start to attack the one of the Fathead Anthias

post-8-1075628615.jpg

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

• SRC Member

here is the close up of the fight guys any idea not to let thme fight ?? :cry:

currently the 2 LYretail are in other tank which is not mean for them

post-8-1075629095.jpg

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

How big is your tank?

How much water circulation do you have in your tank?

Anthias have a strict pecking order amongst themselves and are territorial in the wild.

If you have a smallish tank it will make the situation worse.

I think there is nothing much you can do. Let them trash it out and peace will return when they have established a pecking order.

Just ensure that they all get ample food (some anthias need to be fed multiple times a day).

In the wild, they are usually found in reef crests where a LOT of turbulent movement exist. They spend a lot of time and energy just staying above SPS coral heads which is their home, rather than fighting (as much as seen in captivity).

From my observation of them in the wild... I see that they peck at each other, even when swimming esp. the alpha males towards the lesser males and the females.

In my tank, with turbulent water movement, there is similar traits. When water circulation is stilled... they do chase each other more often.

The fathead anthia is a deepwater shy fish. They will get bullied by most fishes. You have to ensure they get enough food by target feeding them or you'll lose them for sure if they don't get to eat.

My 2 cents.

AT

• SRC Member

it a 4 ft tank with 2 1000l power head and a ehim return pump guess i have to leave my 2 LYretail in my cube tank dont think wan to put back 4 ft hard time catching them