Seachem Matrix & Seachem Purigen

• SRC Member

anyone use the above product before? I'm very temptated to buy it but after all the lesson learn in the pass, wasting $$$ for a lot of useless stuff, I tell myself to cool down....I read in the website where these 2 product is very good in reducing nitrate level. The Seachem Purigen especially, sound like a gift from the sky.... it could be "recharged" by using bleach!!??

From Seachem site:

Seachem Purigen:

Purigen™ is a premium synthetic adsorbent that is unlike any other filtration product. It is not a mixture of ion exchangers or adsorbents, but a unique macro-porous synthetic polymer that removes soluble and insoluble impurities from water at a rate and capacity that exceeds all others, even HyperSorb™, by over 500%. Purigen™ controls ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates by removing nitrogenous waste that would otherwise release these harmful compounds. Purigen's™ impact on trace elements is minimal. It significantly raises redox. It polishes water to unparalleled clarity. Like HyperSorb™, Purigen™ darkens progressively as it exhausts, and is easily renewed by treating with household bleach. A 100 mL bag of Purigen™ purifies and polishes up to 100 gallons of water for up to six months.

for more info, follow the link below:

http://www.seachem.com/en_products/product...16_purigen.html

Seachem Matrix:

Matrix™ is a high porosity biomedia that provides efficient biofiltration for the removal of nitrogenous waste. Matrix™ is a porous inorganic solid about 15 mm in diameter. Each liter of Matrix™ provides as much surface (<162 m) as 40 liters of plastic balls! Plastic bio-materials provide only external surface area, whereas Matrix™ provides internal macroporous surface area. These macropores are ideally sized for the support of nitrifying and denitrifying bacteria. This allows Matrix™, unlike other forms of biomedia, to remove nitrate along with ammonia and nitrite, simultaneously and in the same filter. Matrix™ is completely inert and will not breakdown. It need not be replaced. Use 1–2 Liters of Matrix™ for each 100 gallons. Since the majority of the bacteria are internal, Matrix™ may be rinsed when needed without damaging the filter. Matrix™ is compatible with all types of wet or wet-dry filters. Marine or freshwater use.

for more info, follow the link below:

http://www.seachem.com/en_products/product...011_matrix.html

any commend from anyone who used these product b4?

post-6-1075648314.jpg

sounds interesting. can be recharged with bleach. also wanna know if anyone use before :lol::lol::lol:

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

y not u try and measure your nitrate then tell us the result. (dun go bleach it though) :lol::lol::lol:

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member
y not u try and measure your nitrate then tell us the result. (dun go bleach it though) :lol::lol::lol:

well... i dun mind to try if someone willing to buy it for me :rolleyes::rolleyes: .... its $107/1litre!!! for your info <_<<_<

as what i mentioned earlier... i want to know whether it is a good buy and i dun wan to repeat the same mistake in the pass :sick::sick: .... buying all the junks .... :(