Tank Validation - Any Experienced Volunteer

lee

• SRC Member

I have my 2.5 ft tank for more than a year and is pondering whether

what else I can improve my tank without any additional cost or very

minimal cost or if that's necessary at all (if I want my tank to look as good as many of the tanks here).

Was wondering if there is any willing volunteer who can perform a

'Tank Validation' for me FOC. (me staying in Paris Ris) The validation should include :-

- Water Quality (I have limited test kits)

- Fish/Invert Conditions

- Equipment Status

- Maintenance Status

- Improvement advise

Thanks

Lee

My current setup

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=11033

• SRC Member

I guess your hobby will be more interesting and enjoyable if you tall the mentioned items yourself, and read about it through websites in the internet or by asking questions in this forum. It will be pointless if you just get someone to "inventory" or "evaluate" your tank for you.

Notice that you are having NITRATE problem, you might like to looking or study into various ways of removing NITRATE. You might even need to invest on a denitrator. Else, the easier option is to make regular huge ater change.

• SRC Member

Thanks.

Did source info from various sites.

Most suggest additional investment in equipment.

However it still will not beat some experienced guys looking

physically and touching your tank and giving you on the spot advise. Visiting a reefer will be another option.

• SRC Member

Your reef looks good except nitrate level. I think is more of you are getting bore after keeping for more than a yr and there's not much space left for addition of corals/fish or improvement. What you need is to move to next stage, challenge yourself with a bigger tank or upgrade to sps. In any case, you need to spend...... B)

• SRC Member

I think what you said is quite true. A 4-6ft upgrade with SPS should provide greater challenge and of course much much higher budget. Even greater is to convince wife to part with S$8K (rather spend on kids) Look like will be spending more time appreciating online reefer tanks for a long while ...