Need Some Help

• SRC Member

hi, i just bought a second hand tank... 3x2x2... with sump tank. the sump has the old bio-balls but i'm going to put new saltwater into the tank. can i put fishes and LS into the tank straightaway or must i still cycle the tank for abt 2 weeks just to gain the stability? how much LR do u think is required for a 150litre tank? :blink: need some advise.. thanks!

The world is such a wicked place,war btween the human race. People work to earn their bread,while across the sea they're counting dead

• SRC Member

The bacteria on the bioballs will be dead after the transfer or after the storage period. The tank will need to cycle again.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member
hi, i just bought a second hand tank... 3x2x2... with sump tank. the sump has the old bio-balls but i'm going to put new saltwater into the tank. can i put fishes and LS into the tank straightaway or must i still cycle the tank for abt 2 weeks just to gain the stability? how much LR do u think is required for a 150litre tank? :blink: need some advise.. thanks!

bacteria definitely all dead :( try cycling longer...2weeks are hardly enuf :P 4-6weeks...if u want faster cycling...try taking a bit mature sand/filter media from other's tank and seed your tank :D

try not to follow the general rule for LR...it all depends on how you design your aquascaping... B)

jus wondering...how come your tank is only 150L...3x2x2 usually goes above 250L :blink::wacko:

• SRC Member

really?i was told it was only 150l..... hmmm maybe i heard wrongly. the tank was still running in the shop with a few tangs in it and the water was taken out just before it was transported to my house which is a 15min drive away. the bacteria can die in 15 mins?

The world is such a wicked place,war btween the human race. People work to earn their bread,while across the sea they're counting dead

• SRC Member

assuming 3ftx2ftx2ft tank is 3/4 full wif no sand or LR....1ft~30cm...90cmx60cmx45cm full wif water....90x60x45/1000=243L liao where got 150L...to confirm my suspicion...i suggest u take the exact measurement(in cm) & calculate yourself...definitely more than 200L :o unless u tell me the tank is only half filled :blink: but i really suggest u test your water b4 adding any LS...ammonia/nitrite etc.

LFS can always say wat they wan...be it true or not

• SRC Member

it's actually from a marine fish farm in lim chu kang. they said they used the tank for abt a year and they are upgrading to a bigger 5 footer i think so they were selling off the old tank. thanks anyway i think i'll get the test kits and test the water b4 putting in livestock. B)