clown lethargic, at surface

• SRC Member

Fw dip will only slow down the disease but won't get rid of it. You'll need formalin. I tired with interpet no.7 but it didn't save my clowns. Somehow I'm unable to keep any clowns alive for more than a few days.

EvolutionZ's Floating Reef:

(Decommed) EvolutionZ's 4ft shallow Mixed Reef Build :

• SRC Member

Yes. Including that pretty fella. To be honest. Over the course of 3months.i lost a pair of false perc(to brook) thereafter I left tank empty for a month, intro a pair of true perc from sea life and within 2 days, one went missing (take out everything including rocks but cannot find) one had swollen eye for 2 days and died. And just days ago. Intro another healthy true perc which happily feeds on pellet but again, within 2 days. Went totally missing. Check my floor everything no sign of him. I have Sexy shrimps, peppermint shrimps, snails and a Mandarin goby which have been in my tank for a long time and they are doing perfectly well. But I just can't seems to be able to keep clowns. Have yet to try other fishes though.

EvolutionZ's Floating Reef:

(Decommed) EvolutionZ's 4ft shallow Mixed Reef Build :

I had a missing clown, and tot I would never see it again. But after some thinking realise that they are quite big and would take some time to completely waste away or be eaten. And I looked around and true enough its body inside a small cave with my pom pom crab. Probably dragged in earlier

Well,you can try on captive clown fishes...

clowns are quite big. hard to go totally missing when they die. found a dead one in my pom pom crab's cave some time back. they are probably lodged in some part of your rock
clowns are quite big. hard to go totally missing when they die. found a dead one in my pom pom crab's cave some time back. they are probably lodged in some part of your rock

little guy slowly recovered. started swimming more actively while in qt tank. den started eating, to the point it was jumping out of the water vertically to try to reach a pellet that was stuck on the underside of the glass cover. introduced him back to his girl in the display tank and all is well.

little guy slowly recovered. started swimming more actively while in qt tank. den started eating, to the point it was jumping out of the water vertically to try to reach a pellet that was stuck on the underside of the glass cover. introduced him back to his girl in the display tank and all is well.

Good to hear that. Just to highlight, do note for sign of scratching or heavy gill movement. Fishes that has velvet often has these sympton plus behaving lethargic..

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...