Largest concentration of aquarium shops (West)

Hi Reefers!

I'm new to this hobby and it seems like there are many aquariums to go to when i start this hobby. I'm staying in the west at the bukit batok area.

Some information would be very much appreciated if any lau jiaos can direct me to the nearest n largest concentration of aquariums in the west for me to go look see look see.

I heard west coast has quite a few shops. Some addresses would be good hehehehe and do let me know the shops to avoid..i;m new but i really dont wanna become a carrot head. If its inconvenient, PM is fine too

Thanks in advance fellas!

• Like 1

• SRC Member

Welcome to the marine aquarium hobby. This hobby requires discipline and patience for your tank to flourish.

Before buying any livestock, arm yourself with the collective knowledge from many senior members in this forum.

Good topic to start your journey with

On your question,Search for the LFS directory or look up sponsors corner.

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• SRC Member

west area got quite a few LFS, marine shop will be marinelife, quality livestock.

for equipment theres C328 and polyart, both located at clementi Blk 328.

clementi becoming the new serangoon north liao.. with 4 fish shop at that area.

EvolutionZ's Floating Reef:

(Decommed) EvolutionZ's 4ft shallow Mixed Reef Build :

Hi Reefers!

I'm new to this hobby and it seems like there are many aquariums to go to when i start this hobby. I'm staying in the west at the bukit batok area.

Some information would be very much appreciated if any lau jiaos can direct me to the nearest n largest concentration of aquariums in the west for me to go look see look see.

I heard west coast has quite a few shops. Some addresses would be good hehehehe and do let me know the shops to avoid..i;m new but i really dont wanna become a carrot head. If its inconvenient, PM is fine too

Thanks in advance fellas!

Hi,

Welcome to the hobby!

There are many shops in the west.

My general suggestion is that you should chat with the shop owner.. If he presses you to buy something and tells you that everything is easy etc, you have to be wary...

I was 'convinced' to buy a anemone for my 1st nano tank and that clown fishes require anemones.. I wouldn't name the shop as it's an established one but i feel that the shop owner should have offered me an easier alternative like mushrooms or LPS to get me going first..

All of us will try to help you in this hobby!

Cheers,

4 x 2 x 1 low tank

DIY LED

Trying to minimise equipment as much as possible.

Would love to make new friends in the reefing community - PM me!

A short video of my tank on a Sunday morning