Mum upgraded 2 a 322 cabinet sump

• SRC Member

ohhh....guess have to increase the WC amt. thx

it depends on how fast or how much No3 u want to reduce. if your no3 is 50, by doing a 50% water change, it should drop to 25, another 50% will drop it to 12.5, another 50% will drop it to 6.75, and so on. Ideally should be this way but depending on tank vol too. Those ppl with large tank, before no3 drop, either they drop or their wallet drop.

• SRC Member

Bro, when u were young ur parent care for u, how troublesome also they no complain... Today finally u are grown up, they can finally relax and enjoy something they like, we as children should support!! :)<br /><br />No matter how troublesome, how irritating, how problematic or even expensive to see a smile on their face is like the day you gave them ur first smile or call them bro...<br /><br />Anyway, i still think its weird for u to purposely ship in when there are so many cost effective option for skimmer in singapore... Needless say water change, maybe u can consider to rope in to help their frail bodies with the amount of water...<br /><br />Have fun bro

:: just a noob ::

• SRC Member

Bro, when u were young ur parent care for u, how troublesome also they no complain... Today finally u are grown up, they can finally relax and enjoy something they like, we as children should support!! :)<br /><br />No matter how troublesome, how irritating, how problematic or even expensive to see a smile on their face is like the day you gave them ur first smile or call them bro...<br /><br />Anyway, i still think its weird for u to purposely ship in when there are so many cost effective option for skimmer in singapore... Needless say water change, maybe u can consider to rope in to help their frail bodies with the amount of water...<br /><br />Have fun bro

no no..dun get me wrong i m not bitching as i do enjoy seeing them biz. tats the whole purpose, they need to learn to take care of it...if those whom i bought or pick up things from. Most of the time my mum or both my parents will be with me. I do all the research for them...its like (give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man how to fish and he will eat for life). I am learning from you guys as well as research online to teach them...

Anyways, i was replying to kraken's request for my parents to go over his house do 10% WC everyday. It will be like me driving them there to do is WC. end up i also biz driving them there.

As I travel alot, i like to go chacuchat when i m in BKK. Bought the skimmer but stupidly didnt buy the pump. SO have to wait for my biz trip wither to china or BKK to buy becoz so far been to a few LFS but cannot find the pump AP5200 which is recommended to use for Jebo 520.

BTW, i do help with the WC. carry the pails to the tank and ask them to use pump or scoop to pour into the sump. But i had to teach them to do the salt mix before they pump in the water.

• Like 1

• SRC Member

UPDATE latest test result after 50% WC...two days ago was maybe abt 10%.

The funny thing is different brand test kit have different measurement!

Tetra

NO3 25ml/l

NO2 <0.3mg/l

API

NO3 0ppm! Why isit different from Tetra!

Ca 480mg/l

PO4 0.25mg/l

KH/GH 10dKH or 179ppm

Salinity 1.021

pH 8.23

Why pH increase after WC?

• SRC Member

For PH to increase after water change is normal. Your salt mix may have higher ph than your tank water. And usually when we just mix salt to water, ph will be high. That y we use pump to mix the water for few hours and use air bubble to settle down the new mixed water. Never use the 2 test kit before. I only trust better brand testkit.

• SRC Member

For PH to increase after water change is normal. Your salt mix may have higher ph than your tank water. And usually when we just mix salt to water, ph will be high. That y we use pump to mix the water for few hours and use air bubble to settle down the new mixed water. Never use the 2 test kit before. I only trust better brand testkit.

Did 2 WC in a span of 3 days. NO3 is not looking as good as expect in Tetra...But in API is very good...maybe going to construct a Algea scrubber. looks pretty easy...

• SRC Member

just thinking why the diff in NO3 for the 2 brands. maybe will test tap water to see...or maybe diamond water....anyways, if all the corals and fishes doing well maybe a sign? will update once i have tested

• SRC Member

get a salifert nitrate test kit to test.

get a salifert nitrate test kit to test.

u have? maybe we can compare?> i already of 2 brand NO3 just to verify. now buy another brand..3 brand test kit to test the same ting? any1 can lend i test? i bring the water over plus my 2 test kit. thus we have 3 test kit to verify. maybe it will help the community of hobbist when they buy test kits

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Did another HUGE WC yesterday and added Bio-sphere media (thx to 1 old bird recommendation). Have not tested the water maybe will test end of the week to see NO3 goes down. We also started to dose iodine, but start to notice green aglea growth on the glass. They are very hard to wipe off nt even with the magnetic scrubber. So far the owner of the tank have been shifting and shifting the corals...Haiz...keep telling her not to disturb them too much or some corals need low flow, etc etc but she still does it her way. Haiz...so far looks ok lets see how things goes.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...