Mushroom shriveled

Patrick

Can provide some information and possibly photos eg. when was it set up, is water cycled, what's the livestock, when were gsp and mushrooms introduced to the tank, any recent water changes, dosing or additions? It's hard to comment based on the above.

Aquarium 3 - 250 liters with sump and refugium

Jebao DC 6000 pump with speed controller

Skimz skimmer

AI Hydra 52 HD

Hailea HS-66A (1/4 hp) chiller

Maxspect Gyre

TLF Phosban reactors with Phosban

Tunze nano osmolator

Marine Magic Triplet Dosing

Aquarium 1 - 27 litres

Atman HF-0600 HOB filter

Maxspect Razor Nano 60W (10,000 K)

AOL 60 litres chiller

Tunze Nano Osmolator

• SRC Member

Thanks bro. Will learn to upload pic soon. Currently have a 10L tank with IOS with ceramic ring carbon bag poly filter and stock sponge filter. And air pump. Started about 2 mths with NSW and daily change 5% with salt mix water buy from LFS. Light is stock led clip on. Have 3 small clowns now left one. Put in GSP and mushroom 3 days ago. Both opened up nicely but today mushroom shriveled. I dosed ocean free bacteria 8000 yesterday cuz two clowns not doing well. Could it be overdosed? Funny thing is I always have this prob with mushrooms even with big big tanks and necessary equipments skimmer and all.

• SRC Member

No but I will when I get the bigger tank soon. The mushrooms were fully opened in LFS though. Maybe it's due to adding salt mix water. Will try to replace w NSW later and see any better.

I'm sorry to say this but I think you need to look into your husbandry skills and read up more on maintaining a marine pico tank. It's not that difficult but requires some dedication. Frankly a 10 liters volume is too small to contain 3 clown fish. Relying on merely an air pump to move water for this setup is definitely non-ideal and may not culture sufficient beneficial bacteria. In my opinion, a hang-on-back filter with a motorized pump that moves at least 3-4 times the tank volume per hour eg. about 40 liters/hour, is the bare minimum. It may be 2 months already but the 5% water change is not effective. Did you measure the salinity everytime you changed the water to ensure it's the same? For small volume tanks, any small fluctuations are highly magnified. I'm positive there are problems with some of your water parameters eg. high nitrates, causing stress to your clown fish. The 2 clowns might have died from brooklynella disease but they could have likely died from stress brought about by the unstable tank conditions. Your mushrooms are also suffering under the same tank conditions, and unless you address the non-ideal water conditions, everything you add in will be stressed and will die sooner, than later. As all the bros here advised, don't add any livestock as of now. My advice is don't do any more water changes for the time being but instead do a measurement of your water parameters eg. pH, salinity, ammonia, nitrite and nitrate levels, and post it here. Unless we all know what is the problem, we can't really help you.

Aquarium 3 - 250 liters with sump and refugium

Jebao DC 6000 pump with speed controller

Skimz skimmer

AI Hydra 52 HD

Hailea HS-66A (1/4 hp) chiller

Maxspect Gyre

TLF Phosban reactors with Phosban

Tunze nano osmolator

Marine Magic Triplet Dosing

Aquarium 1 - 27 litres

Atman HF-0600 HOB filter

Maxspect Razor Nano 60W (10,000 K)

AOL 60 litres chiller

Tunze Nano Osmolator

• SRC Member

Thanks reef garden for your advice. I believe u r absolutely right. Have stopped reefing for a few years and realized small tank is not as easy as I thought. Anyway, it's the camaraderie in this forum tat makes reefing interesting. Thanks again to all who replied!

• SRC Member

Visible problems would be pest irritation. Maybe dip them in Coral Rx, just in case.

Invisible problems would be water parameters. I understand the GSP is ok, but then different corals can have different responds to same parameters.

Just my 2 cents worth.