help needed on fish food

• SRC Member

i knew i will find answers here. Shd have check instead of going to the supermarket (Giant) and a few provision shops, fish shops. The next question will be if all Sheng Siong has them or specific location? Diaso a little too far. The only 1 i know is in IMM

• SRC Member

i knew i will find answers here. Shd have check instead of going to the supermarket (Giant) and a few provision shops, fish shops. The next question will be if all Sheng Siong has them or specific location? Diaso a little too far. The only 1 i know is in IMM<br />

<br /><br />I dun think only specific Sheng Siong outlets carry the nori. It is a very common product for people who makes sushi at home. I think even fairprice carry them. Go online to check daiso outlets, they have a few all over spore. <br /><br />Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

• SRC Member

<br /><br />I dun think only specific Sheng Siong outlets carry the nori. It is a very common product for people who makes sushi at home. I think even fairprice carry them. Go online to check daiso outlets, they have a few all over spore. <br /><br />Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

thx for the info....i think some sushi seaweed has preservatives. Guess everyone uses Nori then i will use Nori. BTW, Nori is a brand or the name of the seaweed?

• SRC Member

<br />thx for the info....i think some sushi seaweed has preservatives. Guess everyone uses Nori then i will use Nori. BTW, Nori is a brand or the name of the seaweed?
<br /><br />Nori is the name of the seaweed. Check the ingredients on the packaging lor. Here is a pic of the one I used.<br /><br />Cheap, 1.80 only.<br /><br />Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

post-19465-13698041735495_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member

thx! so we just tear the seaweed and dump into the tank? or do we have to tie them up and use a weight to hold them down in the tank? my tang seems not to go to the top to feed while my damsel goes to the top. Thus the question (feel a little silly to ask)

• SRC Member

Nori is Japanese word for Seaweed. You can buy nori from supermarkets but buy the most plain type you can get. No salt, no chilli, no spice. Etc... If you don't mind higher cost seaweed is available also in LFS. Brand is Ocean Nutrituon. Use a seaweed clip to fix the nori in place. You can also tie it to a rock. Remove unfinished portion after a day. Herbivore fishes will also eat pellets and meaty fare but they will need seaweed to maintain their health.

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• SRC Member

thx for all advice....yesterday we bought from medical hall those chinese disc like seeweed which is suppose to not have anything on them. tear a few pcs. my foxface and tang and other smaller fishes took it readily! we did not put a clip but rekian, i have 1 now. the problem will be the longer or bigger seeweed seems to be a problem for them to swallow. small pcs just pops into their mouth no problems.

• 3 weeks later...