Anyone knows where to buy PL light?

• SRC Member

hi, i have bought a new light stand from pasir ris last sun, the colour is blue/pink. i am wondering where i can buy a marine PL light bulb for 2 feet? perfer white light mixed with blue? are there any out there? u guys using PL light rite? what colour is good?

i try to take some digital pics of my tank, but the colour turns out awful pinky and blurr.. cant really see the water or corals clearly. Hopefully, i can change the bulb to more white sort... and pricing wise is it ex?

and the power of watt require? any maxinum watt for PL light on 2 feet?

• SRC Member

you could get the PL light at nature Aquarium at Thomson. Go for the 10000K ones, it will make your tank looks nice. If I am not wrong, your PL tube is a 36W one and the length should be 16 inch. The last time I heard, they are selling 2 36W 10000K PL tube at $30, that is cheap..

• SRC Member

For half white half blue PL, the blue bit doesn't really have a Kelvin rating for the colour, I believe that it is just blue light. When 50/50 is used in fluorescent technology, it means a mix of 10000K and Actinic phosphors in the tube and doesn't mean the tube is half blue and half white.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

if u wanna white...go for 10,000K lor...tat's the whitest lite oredy :D

if u wanna those luminous green to appear on your corals...the only way is to use actinic lite :eyeblur:

kind of unsure wat's the effect of those half blue/half white PL...can try lar...but effect wise i dunno...hehehe...also trying to go into PL :yeah:

• SRC Member

i ever saw those big tanks at most aqaurium shops, so beautiful. The lighting's damm strong that i can see the water movement, the shadows... so marine loh... 10000k on 35w (2feet bulb) isit good? because i think i am going to get this size, colour, maybe 50/50.

Dodo: wat light colour and watt are u using aR? :huh:

• SRC Member

hehe...i am still at infant stage in term of lightings...upgrading to PL very soon :( dunno when my hood will arrive :cry: in fact looking at 4xPL 36w & 1 or 2x PL 55w :blink: all depends whether my tank got enuf space to accomodate all those lites or not

in terms of Kelvin rating...i prefer 20,000K...jus wondering any PL tube of tat ratings?

btw...Aquamart also sell some PL tubes...and i heard EYE have a wide range of lite tubes including PL :yeah:

• SRC Member

Hi dodo,

I suggest that you need space for some actinic FL tubes also right? Why so many 36w and still have 55w??? Might as well have 4 55w PL??? Can save abit of problems with handling soo many connection wires and getting space to store the eballast.

10K PL is the more common one, I havent seen any rated higher than that, but if there is would someone tell us where to get it and how much?? :thanks:

• SRC Member

tat's the whole problem...i am keeping a FL hood tat holds 2 FL...will get a PL hood tat holds 4 PL...hence I there is only very little space left for me...mine tank widt is only 2' :( will use 1 of the FL slot for Actinic then another FL slot for 20,000K...all my PL will be 10,000K :shock::cry: u thk tat's enuf for my tank?i am not going to DIY...so wiring & storing eballast is out of the questions

• SRC Member
There is, just that I cant find... bluebeard where did u see it?

Saw some at Ocean Planet before. Actually since the LFS have the same supplier for coralife, all you need to do is ask them to get it for you.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif