Finally! New place...new tank!

Mellow

Looks like recently had the same problem like yrs on certain spots of sandbed, the green thing. Currently trying the nualgi but seems no effect after two weeks. May need to try this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

let me know if you need some of mine bro coz I have quite a bit left. FOC

"Save a reef, grow your own"

Bro, is that a blue stag? Or what sps is that? Very nice striking colour.

Posted Image

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

hey bro, yes the colour is amazing on this thankfully but quite under rated in my tank due to its location. I'm not really sure what sps is that too. But the shape and all doesn't make it look like a stag though. A bit too thick branches to be a stag I think

me have use Red Slime Remover a many time and it really work but the best way is to use it during light off after 1hr turn off return pump for 6hrs and keep the wave maker running ... after 6hrs turn on return pump and let the skimmer to skim all out about few cup or pail water & wc is not a must ... dosage about a bottle for 600L tank ... the 1st time using this product very effective but if red slime come back after few months need 1.5~2x dosage but this will bleach sps but never kill my sps ...

hi bro, thanks for the tip. My only concern is that the product claims to deplete oxygen. So by using it when lights are off may reduce oxygen level further, wouldn't it? I thought it may be better to use it when lights are on and when oxygen saturation level is highest. Also, by turning off the return pump, it may cut another source if oxygenation in the tank. Mine never came to the point if bleaching though when used previously in other tanks. Hmmm.. What are your thoughts? Worth discussing though to learn the best way of using this wonderful product. Thanks for sharing your tips though! :)

let me know if you need some of mine bro coz I have quite a bit left. FOC

Thanks for the offer. Think I will continue to dose the Nualgi for another week and see how. By the way, where to collect if require?

Thanks for the offer. Think I will continue to dose the Nualgi for another week and see how. By the way, where to collect if require?

can collect from jalan kayu Fernvale crest where I stay or outram mrt near my workplace

I just order 6 tubes sunpower seem like 8 tubes is the prefer choice.

hi Weeseng, actually I suspect the 6 tube one is ok. If you are worried, can mitigate it by lowering the light set nearer to water level (mine's 7 inch from water surface) or extend the photoperiod (mine's 2 tubes for 9 hours and 6 tubes on for 7 hours) if it helps for your own configuration.

• SRC Member
hi Weeseng, actually I suspect the 6 tube one is ok. If you are worried, can mitigate it by lowering the light set nearer to water level (mine's 7 inch from water surface) or extend the photoperiod (mine's 2 tubes for 9 hours and 6 tubes on for 7 hours) if it helps for your own configuration.
Thank bro,will try and see how it goes.

hi bro, thanks for the tip. My only concern is that the product claims to deplete oxygen. So by using it when lights are off may reduce oxygen level further, wouldn't it? I thought it may be better to use it when lights are on and when oxygen saturation level is highest. Also, by turning off the return pump, it may cut another source if oxygenation in the tank. Mine never came to the point if bleaching though when used previously in other tanks. Hmmm.. What are your thoughts? Worth discussing though to learn the best way of using this wonderful product. Thanks for sharing your tips though! :)

turning off return pump for 6hrs without any problem have try a few times already ... usually red slime algae will reduce a lot during night time & come back when light on so light off period is the best timing ... some more turning off return pump with only main tank water circulation by wave maker is more effective & during light off period the temperature will not affected too much if without chiller because of return pump have turn off ...

turning off return pump for 6hrs without any problem have try a few times already ... usually red slime algae will reduce a lot during night time & come back when light on so light off period is the best timing ... some more turning off return pump with only main tank water circulation by wave maker is more effective & during light off period the temperature will not affected too much if without chiller because of return pump have turn off ...

thanks for the sharing bro!

• SRC Member

Bro, have you tried the 3 days blackout & 20% wstet change method? It work for me.

Cheers,

James

Cheers,

James

Reviving my reef tank :

Crystal glass 53" x 22" x 17" rimless (inclusive of 12"x22"x17" IOS)

Life Reef HVS3-24 with mazzei venturi

ATI Sunpower 8 x 39w T5 (4 x Blue plus, 2 x Aqua blue special, Coral plus)

ZET Light 3 x 3w LEDs moonlight

Arctica 1/3 Hp + 1/4 Hp back up

Vortech mp40w x 3 + Jebao wp25

Eheim 1264 x 3 + water blaster 5000

Vortech back up battery

TLF-150 + Rowaphos

Activated carbon

Kamoer 3 channel + CaCl2 + NaHCo3

150L Refugium with DSB, miracle mud, cheato

2ft T5 x 2 light tubes for refugium

Bro, have you tried the 3 days blackout & 20% wstet change method? It work for me.

Cheers,

James

hey bro, I tried in my previous tank and it works really well! Just that this tank has a lot of previous sps and I don't dare risk it! Yea, actually this reminds me that blackouts are wonderful way to curb the algae and slime too!

• SRC Member

Cheers,

James

Bro James,

Will 3 days black out affect corals?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• SRC Member

The blackout doesnt affect any of my corals. Think of it this way, during a shipment, does the corals get any light or water circulation? I do feed my fishes even during blackout for those who dares loiter in the dark. Cheers, James http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/topic/105744-the-journey-to-the-valley-of-the-reef-by-james/'>

Cheers,

James

Reviving my reef tank :

Vortech back up battery

TLF-150 + Rowaphos

Activated carbon

• 2 weeks later...

Last pic of the day. Seems like the orange montis were the only one affected from the red slime remover with lose of colour rather quickly but nothing major though

Before red slime remover usagePosted Image

After using red slime removerPosted Image

2 weeks after using red slime algae, the monti is the only one that surprisingly lost the fightPosted Image

• SRC Member

Looks bad....lucky other sps not impacted

Cheers,

James

Cheers,

James

Reviving my reef tank :

Vortech back up battery

TLF-150 + Rowaphos

Activated carbon

Decided to take some pictures of my common fishes. Realised I've been such a coral person that I've never felt compelled to show the fishes. Nothing fancy as I still prefer spending on coralsPosted Image

If you look carefully, you will notice small bubbles in the body of this goby. I've had this goby for many years and noticed it only after my purchase previously. I'm wondering if it is decompression or something, resulting in air trapped inside? Any bros experienced or know about this?Posted Image

Green wrasse that's getting bigger by the day. Lives amicably with my 6 line and melanarus wrasse. I suppose introducing them in the right order helps. Unfortunately the other wrasses were too quick to capture on phone. Having them seems to have removed the issue of flatworms which I thought I had previouslyPosted Image