Polyb Lab Medic

• SRC Member

Hi Reefer, I just bought a bottle of polyb lab medic. Read the instruction saying I should dose one level scope to 50G of tank water. But where is the scope? I can't find the scope anywhere? Can anyone who have experience on this product help me? Thanks in advance!

Up coming project:

5' x 2.5' x 2.5' Mix Reef Tank

• SRC Member
Did you try checking from the shop where you buy it ?
They told me as what was stated in the dosing instruction but I just can't find the scoop that suppose to use inside the bottle. Maybe I should just go back and ask again. Could it be the bottle cap?
i think its syringe ba... not scoop... correct me if im wrong..
Not syringe for sure because it is in powder form. Thanks.

Up coming project:

5' x 2.5' x 2.5' Mix Reef Tank

• SRC Member

Hi Reefer, I just bought a bottle of polyb lab medic. Read the instruction saying I should dose one level scope to 50G of tank water. But where is the scope? I can't find the scope anywhere? Can anyone who have experience on this product help me? Thanks in advance!

I recalled that when I was using this product, the measuring spoon came with the bottle.

Im at my 24th day dosing... PBT 100% covered in spots, royal gramma 30%, helfrichi 10%... Its actually worse than before, before i dose, only pbt got ich.... Doesnt work for me... Was having very high hope this med will finally work, but another dissappointment... Hope it turns out better for you...

Buy fish that excite YOU, and respect others' passions.

Yes, we know, there's a cheaper and prettier fish than the one were talking about. - John Coppolino

• SRC Supporter

My experience with medic tell me that if it is use on the right timing ( i.e before the ich start to spread ) and follow strictly on the dosing schedule it will works.

It is also safe and recommended to overdose during the first few day of the infection to keep ich under control. The result can be slow and not as effective as copper but for a reef tank this can be the best bet .

• Sponsor

Hello Everyone,

I rarely do this but I thought i would be a good idea for me to step in that thread and give as much information as possible about MEDIC and Polyplab company. Polyplab was founded in 2006 offering the Reef-Resh kit and the Reef-Roids product. MEDIC was introduced on the market later in 2008 after several months of testing to make sure that we could use it safely in aquarium that house all types of corals.

In our view we needed to have a product that was effective against parasite infection aiming fish but without the hassle of dismenteling an aquarium or use difficult quarantine method to get results. In order to keep the treatement simple, we thought about a product you could dose in any type of aquarium setup with as less human intervention as possible. Based on that we started testing and came out with MEDIC

It is accurate to say (thanks Harlequin Mania :)) that it is important to start treatement on MEDIC as soon as you can recognize a ICH or Velevt ICH problem. In case were the infection have spread in an uncontrolable way it becomes more difficult to stop the cycle and the additionnal stress resulting from the battle raging in the tank to cope with the infestation. Here's how it works : MEDIC will create an environnement in the water making it close to impossible for the ICH parasite to grab on the fish and feed on it to survive. In addition, ICH parasite is particulary vulnerable when they reach their free-swimming stage since without the ability to feed they will stay in the water column and eventually starve to death but also will get stuck in the normal mechanical filtration OR zapped in the UV filter. Moreover, MEDIC will reduce stamina of the ICH parasite when in the free-swimming stage.

One important aspect of the treatement is also the general condition of the aquarium and of the tank inhabitant. Most ICH infestation are a result of stress related events that was create by having a low water quality, an overcrowed aquarium, the introduction of too many animals at the same time or the introduction of sick animals. It is like going to the doctor, there's always a pills to treat symptoms and eventually make use feel better but if you go on acting in the same way without taking care of what causes the trouble... we will get sick again.

Copper is indeed a very efficient treatement but it is absoltuley NOT reef and inverts safe and will destroy a huges amount of the bacteria colony in the tank on which we rely on to take care of very important waste removal task. Making a copper treatment in an aquarium is like re-formating your hard-drive so gentler approach are usually the first thing to focus on to get ride of a problem.

I am sorry about the missing scoop, we always make sure that we include one in each bag containing the MEDIC bottle but we might have missed one. The actual size of one scoop is 0.15 CC or 0.15 milliliters. Since MEDIC are in a crystal form and cant be dose with a syringe you can use the following relation 1 table spoon = 15 milliliters or 14.3 grams. You need 1 x scoop per 50g of total water volume of the system so for a 250g system you would need 5 x scoop in the morning and 5 x scoop in the evening. In the first days of the treatement we have got several reports of hobyist using a double dose regimen without adverse effect on the tank and with increased results.

Thanks to all POLYPLAB customers we really apprecite your support

Phil Gilbert

POLYPLAB

• 2 weeks later...