underwater World urge again to free pink dolphin

andysho

• SRC Member

What about the Singapore Zoological Gardens?

I'm drinking my caffeine-free diet coke and the Earth keeps spinning.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• Sponsor

:o When it comes to conservation, it has always been a sensitive issue. (Pls note that I'm answering this based on my personal opinions and not eaquarist :erm: ), well, I can't really agree with using the animals for performing but setting them free might not be the best solution. Their natural habitat is disappearing and might not be ready to support them. Folks responsible for pollution and destruction of habitats should be blamed.

Read somwhere that a conservation group set some rare sea lions free after spending lots of $$$$, only to see a pair of Orcas gobble them up minutes upon release. The purpose of the zoo or an aquarium is not a human cage to keep exotic pets but should serve as a santuary for animals and in such predator free conditions, allow further study and if possible propagation of endangered species. Both the zoo and underwater world have managed to captive breed some species. :o As responsible hobbyists, I urge all to take note of this before we get the "big" one on destroying the reefs, we must admit that we do play a part in removal of organisms from their natural habitats. Let's all work towards a self-sufficient marine aquarium industry where no animals in the wild will be harmed. :angel:

• SRC Member
Their natural habitat is disappearing and might not be ready to support them. Folks responsible for pollution and destruction of habitats should be blamed.

The purpose of the zoo or an aquarium is not a human cage to keep exotic pets but should serve as a santuary for animals and in such predator free conditions, allow further study and if possible propagation of endangered species.

I totally agree on these.

I was in Gold Coast Sea World last yr (See my dolphin) and has the opportunity to visit the "behind the scene" recently launch (I think). I personnally view these captive animals/fishes as sort of like spokesman for their species so that humans can understand them better. Hopefully with the new found knowledge, their wild species will benefit from them.

As for performance, its part of fund raising and as long as they are not ill treated, I dun see why not.

As for Sentosa dolphins, I had visited them once but personally I do not know if they are doing any research works on them beside performance.

Just my 2 cents

• SRC Member

i saw one terrible incident under my flat yesterday

i saw one of this MOE diposal truck parking along

the road side~~

To my horror, there were two dogs locked up in a metal cage

attached to the truck.. those dogs were barking

Since when MOE do such horrible things~~to animals

Poor animals always suffer under the hands of those

cruel people :(

• SRC Member

i dun a camera with me

h

aiz very sad to see animals always ended up like....

maybe the authority is doing some mass killing now

i think is time where all the real animals lover gather together

to stop all this from happening :(