Got a French angel from one of the LFS recently and QT him in a pail with air pump and WC 100% fresh water every day for almost 2 week now. On the 3rd day he develop lymphocytic, he eat well on and off , when he is happy he can eat more than 10 big pellets on one feeding. When he is stress, he will not take anything for the whole day.

The cotton wool on its tail grow smaller and his body all clear but this time new and more developed on his top fin and one of his gill fin. Had done an anti-bacterial bath on the 7th day to reduce secondary infection.

Now do you think I should cage him in the display tank or let it go into the display tank? Or should I just QT him till he recover? I know it could take weeks to months.

Condition of the fish: still fat and eating ok, no scratching, still swim around the pail and no sign of itch or velvet but I also worry the pail is too small for long term QT that causes more stress to the fish.

Any experience reefer/ fish expert to share?

no expert here.

This virus do spread, it is like a flu virus, the stronger one will not catch it.

Rarely fatal but could die from secondary infection if no care taken.

IMO, check display tank condition such as water parameter/ stock level and compatibility

If QT is a problem, add into the display tank if there is no other fish harass him, if there is, cage him in the display tank for while let him stabilize before introducing.

Weekly WC, feed little but frequently with quality food. Most important try reduce stress level of fish and build their immune system.

if fish that has severe condition (on gill or mouth) i would continue QT him.

100% WC for QT sound good but do check for PH and SG consistency to prevent further stress to the fish.

no expert here.

This virus do spread, it is like a flu virus, the stronger one will not catch it.

Rarely fatal but could die from secondary infection if no care taken.

IMO, check display tank condition such as water parameter/ stock level and compatibility

If QT is a problem, add into the display tank if there is no other fish harass him, if there is, cage him in the display tank for while let him stabilize before introducing.

Weekly WC, feed little but frequently with quality food. Most important try reduce stress level of fish and build their immune system.

if fish that has severe condition (on gill or mouth) i would continue QT him.

100% WC for QT sound good but do check for PH and SG consistency to prevent further stress to the fish.

Have released him to the main tank after caging him in display tank for 6 day. TQ

New angels tend to get this easily. As long as it is feeding well, i will let it go into display. Ensure good water quality, it should go away very soon

TQ, it clears by its own and now he is happy swimming.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't worry about it you can get control over these viruses by using the spray and the bugs can easily removed but we need to recognize the king of virus and use recommended spray for this purpose.What you think about it share your thinking about it . I am also interested to know about how to remove these.??