hiding anenome

liquidnoise

• SRC Member

I have 1 carpet and now 1 bubble tip. The carpet has been with us since day 1 but it is always hidden between the rocks. We tried a few times to take it out in the open but the next day still back inbetween the rock. After tat didnt wanna stress it so just left it lone.

Now another bubble tip which we think will be out in the open also did the same thing. Best thing is that it hid in very very tight gaps between the rocks dat its quite difficult to spot.

Is this common behavior? If its not the carpet is like forever there not looking anytime soon its going to up the lorri. any advice how to encourage them to come out of the "caves"?

• SRC Member

Check if the current is too strong.

By right it will automatically find its own sweet spot and stay there for long time. But if it cannot find and hide under low lighting area it will slowly die.

• SRC Member

Check if the current is too strong.

By right it will automatically find its own sweet spot and stay there for long time. But if it cannot find and hide under low lighting area it will slowly die.

the current shdb tat strong as my hammers are doing really well. The carpet is as bright as it has been and reflecting lumious yellow. the bubble tip is bloating also...but the bubble is new so maybe hard to tell. was in a small plastic cup initially with a small rock. the fellow attached itself to the rock so just took out the rock. next morning hiding liao.. sad

• SRC Member

Hv u think why they did that?

Must be your open too bright or something stress them.

Why don't u change your rocks layout ?

the bubble is new as mentioned housed in a cup for maybe 3 days. den out in the open...maybe its the fish but not sure.

• SRC Member

Shd be hiding,giving it sometime to come out.usually they will be out by 3-5 days.

wat i m afraid is tat it will be like the carpet n hide forever in the spot...so far the carpet have been there for 3 months plus and have nver cum out b4

• SRC Member

I prefer not to disturb it. It will dig deep into anything it can grip.

Trying to pull it may hurt it.

As I say, change your rock layout n it may help.

its alittle difficult as my tank rock scape is like quite packed and there are many corals. so may stress other corals

• 4 weeks later...

My flower anaemone moved fr behind a rock to the front of a tank on its own. so give it time perhaps? Just b glad ur bubble tip didnt go challenge an elegance and lose the fight twice. eventually my bubble tip died. so sayang! no matter how far we moved it away fr the elegance he'd find his way back. :cry2: