Nano Thermoelectric Aquarium Chiller

Patrick

• SRC Member

Got one 1 pic of the inside. Comes with 2 internal fans to cool the fins and 1 exhaust fan.

The stock setup is --> fin | fan | fin | fan --> exhaust fan and blowing in 1 direction.

Thought the first fan blowing hot air into the second fin was inefficient and tried modding it by placing the fans blowing away from the cooling fins. No improvements at all, and also adding more fans proved insignificant.

attachicon.gifDSC_1312.JPG

Wow... this is very similar to what I had in mind for a DIY setup. You mean even with the Sunon fan blowing adjacent to the PC fans is insufficient?

• SRC Member

Yes, no difference even with the sunon fan beside the fins to give extra cooling. The only things I modded were to upgrade both fans to a higher amp for more power, and added an extra intake fan behund to suck in air into the chiller. The config is like this now: intake fan/fin/fan/fin/fan -->exhaust fan. I also added an external fan to blow at my water surface to aid in cooling the tank faster. the fan will cut off when the chiller cuts off. Will take a pic later.

Sometimes the good guys gotta do bad things to make the bad guys pay. - Harvey Specter

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

There is no difference which is the inlet or outlet. Just ensure that you secure the hose tightly to prevent leakage.

Also take note to calibrate the chiller if necessary as the default factory temp had a 1'C difference from real temp.

Sometimes the good guys gotta do bad things to make the bad guys pay. - Harvey Specter

I'm using this chiller. IME this chiller is more suitable for smaller tanks <40L despite it saying that it can support up to 60L.

I've managed to cool it down to 26.5'C on my 55L. But it takes 1 hr to kick in, and 1 hr to cool the tank by 1'C.

Hi bro,

I thought this chiller can only set 1 degree different so how can you set it to 26.5?

Btw, I have tested and confirmed that this chiller is more suitable for <45Ltank if wanted to cool down 26 or low. Maybe 280W version can do the job better.... :evil: !

For my tank, I have almost the same spec as your but I set it to 27 instead as I only plan for LPS and blennies/gobies nia.

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

• 6 months later...