Midas Blenny

Hey guys. Gotten a midas blenny. A Fiji shipment. QT for a couple of days before releasing.. Eating well and all but it seems like her colour is still quite pale yellow. Has any bros out there have had midas who took quite a while to turn to deep yellow/orange and e blue streaks on e eyes?

Here's a picturepost-21059-0-74592900-1375183051_thumb.j

Follow Alex's Reefing Journey @ 

Midas Blenny hails from African shipments, not Fiji shipments.

Sorry to burst your bubble bro, but that's a canary blenny, no Midas here..

Midas grow way larger than these and belongs to the Ecsenius sp. while canary belongs to a group called fang blennies, Meiacanthus sp.

• Like 1

• SRC Member

Bro when did u take this pic? Cause ur zoas are closed and all, I assume lights just on and sometimes fishes would be pale when they just wake up as its their sleeping coloration. Plus it doesn't look like a midas to me.

If thats not the case, so as long as its feeding well the blenny would return to its full colour. But tht means, u got to look for nudis among ur zoas.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want to impress people they don't like.

• SRC Member

Be careful, canary blennies have venomous bites.

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

Ya lights are dim. Those zoas are very healthy. So no worries! I was really thinking that its not a midas too!! Gotta check with the LFS again who told me its midas. Already half doubt when I bought it..

Grrrr now feeling really stupid. Knew e shape was a little different n it's missing e eye lashes then.. But e uncle told me its midas..

Hope you didn't pay a "Midas" price! You could always let it go to another reefer:) In this hobby, we are always learning and me too have paid quite some "tuition" fee
Yeah I paid a midas price...

Nah.. I will see if anything is done when I go back next time.. Don't wanna spoil e reputation jus becuz of a single error. :)

• SRC Member

Sometimes it's not the shops fault. Supplier give them wrong fish, they don't know how to Id them so they also dunno they sold the wrong fish.

EvolutionZ's Floating Reef:

(Decommed) EvolutionZ's 4ft shallow Mixed Reef Build :

Shop owner replied! Agreed to give me a very good compensation package! Thumbs up! Really nice gesture! Sotong bro! PM if u wanna noe more k?