Help Needed for setup advice

hi there.. i have 3 pumps in my ios.. one is the return pump, one skimmer and the other is chiller.. i wana use a reactor for rowa carbon and im lacking space for another pump.. it is ok if i connect the 1200ph pump to my reactor and connect to my hailea chiller 1/10hp..??? Many thanks in advance..

• SRC Member

Not a rookie, we are newbie as well. Our set up now is to use the return pump to chiller then to display tank. But maybe you can use 2 pumps if the return pump is higher flow to reactor to chiller then to display tank. Or you can have existing pump for chiller for the reactor. Interms of piping maybe pump to reactor to chiller to dispaly will be neater. BUT it has to be a higher flow to cater for pressure drop through the process.

I have one main return pump to tee off to my main, fluidized reactors and chiller... 1 pump and I get the biggest I can find. I hate to see a lot of pump in my tank. Downside, if it decide to breakdown on me, all my equipment will not work too :) I standby the same return pump :) I trust eheim or DD .... Personal preference

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• 3 weeks later...