Recommendation needed for my new 3ft tank. Help !

I'm planning to purchase a skimmer, wavemakers, live sand, textkits for ammonia//nitrite/nitrate and maybe a sump (which I don't know whether do i need it or not) .

Would appreciate it very much if anyone is able to help. I need recommendation of the brand/model and where to get it. Budget doesn't matter as long as it's not too expensive, because I'll be using these equipments for a long period of time.

My tank is 3ft x1.5 . with a top filter. It's a tank for movable corals and marine fishes like clownfish.

Thanks in advance.

• SRC Member

It is always better to give us a indicative budget you planning. . Any sump for your tank?

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

It is always better to give us a indicative budget you planning. . Any sump for your tank?

Budget below 1k i guess. Currently have no sump, Should i get one ? I only know that skimmers are important, im not sure about sump..

A sump tank is easier to maintain & configure than powerful & effective filter canisters. Skimmer lightens the bioload but not fatal if don't have it as long as you have lots of live rocks and filter media for bacteria to proliferate and take care of the bio-wastes. If you really must have a sand bed, do read up "old tank syndrome".

A sump tank is easier to maintain & configure than powerful & effective filter canisters. Skimmer lightens the bioload but not fatal if don't have it as long as you have lots of live rocks and filter media for bacteria to proliferate and take care of the bio-wastes. If you really must have a sand bed, do read up "old tank syndrome".

So means in other words, i skimmer is not very neccessary, so long as i have a sump right? Whats a sand bed btw?

• SRC Member

So means in other words, i skimmer is not very neccessary, so long as i have a sump right? Whats a sand bed btw?

sk8immer i believe is a must for most of the people here. oversize is wat many will tell u as well. sand bed is the sand u put in the tank. some say deep sand bed is not good as it hardens after 4 yrs.