How to remove anemone from LR?

chrislwp

• SRC Member

I have this carpet anemone which hold on tight to one of my big base rock. So it's impossible to take out the base LR. I have try blocking it from light and stack rock on it.. yet it's still unwilling to move out. Even come to using a spoon to scratch it. It just shrink small to protect itself.

I observed the anemone from LFS, and thinking there must be a way diver used to remove the anemone from the sea, especially all sticking to LR. Can't be they move it together with the LR right.

Anyone know of the method?

Tank 4x2x2.5

• SRC Member

was thinking of posting this too. On tank surface should be easier. But on LR? .. the uneven surface of LR would make it very hard to remove anemones, esp small ones.

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

• SRC Member
hey bro...long time no c...anyway...one method maybe u can do is dip the LR with anemone into freshwater.inverts cannot tolerate low salinity water.it will shrink for while.then quickly transfer to ur display tank..it werks 4 me... ;)

Thanks bro for the suggestion.

But the problem is I cannot remove the big base LR which is a foundation.

I am wondering how diver remove it from the sea?

Tank 4x2x2.5

• SRC Member
hey bro...long time no c...anyway...one method maybe u can do is dip the LR with anemone into freshwater.inverts cannot tolerate low salinity water.it will shrink for while.then quickly transfer to ur display tank..it werks 4 me... ;)

not advisable right? Since they are not really tolerant to water changes. Probablity of them dying is quite high leh..

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

• SRC Member

Alternatively, try using a card the texture of a phone card or credit card to do it... :rolleyes:

Finger nails may cause unwanted tears but there's no foolproof method except to wait for it to dislodge itself... :rolleyes:

• SRC Member
Alternatively, try using a card the texture of a phone card or credit card to do it... :rolleyes:

Finger nails may cause unwanted tears but there's no foolproof method except to wait for it to dislodge itself... :rolleyes:

credit card on LR? .. <_<

• SRC Member

I have tried using finger, but the more I disturb it, the smaller it goes, furthermore it's base it hidden inside a hole.

I read from a website of a way by using Kalk http://user.aol.com/aquariumVet/medic/anemone.htm that

How do I get rid of the dreaded Rock Anemone?

Injecting them with calcium hydroxide (kalkwasser) in a concentrated solution is one of the most common methods used. The consensus I get on this method is that it does work, but not very efficiently unless done properly. The kill rate is low if the anemone is not directly injected with it and if the solution is not strong enough...........

Tank 4x2x2.5

Try using some icecubes too - put it on the edge of the foot on the LR. Sometimes the anemone jerk back its foot away.

I am wondering how diver remove it from the sea?

Sadly the anemone is often torn off the rock. Some manages to recover and heal itself, many doesn't. :(