My reef tank!

Snoopyhamburger

• Senior Reefer

butterflyfish are white spot magnets.

unfortunately very few people practice quarantine here in singapore. so expect white spots to appear now and then.

stock slowly

feed more

keep water parameters up

and buy healthy fish.

in a small tank, butterflyfish will find it harder to resist white spots. they don't belong in a small tank unless you quarantine them.

Hi guys,my copperband stopped swimming sideways but still has ich.He should recover in a few days.I dosed medication yesterday.
What medication did u dose?

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• Senior Reefer

Hi guys,my copperband stopped swimming sideways but still has ich.He should recover in a few days.I dosed medication yesterday.

err, what medication did you dose?

there is only one medication effective against ich, and that is copper. dosing it in your tank directly will kill all your corals, invertebrates and live rock.

other methods for ich include hyposalinity, but that cannot be done on your main display tank.

there is no other chemical proven to kill ich. only copper. herbal remedies, garlic etc only boosts immunity.

i hope you did not dose any medicine in your main tank.

• SRC Member

Thanks!Now even his ich is gone!

Ich has s life cycle. We think its gone but its actually coming through another phase worse than the first. Hope alls well.

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk2

Thanks!Now even his ich is gone!

Great news to hear that the ich is gone.

But remember to maintain good water condition and feed food that boost your fishes immune system to keep them strong and healthy as ich will come back at times.

• 2 weeks later...