sea hare

epicfish

• SRC Member

Currently having algae problems but it seems my last water change have had an effct on reducing phosphates and the hairs are starting to recede. I was looking into sea hares which feed on the algae.bproblem is, they die easily if lack of food. According to some websites, thy eat alot and i doubt my tank has emough food for it other than the initial clean up.

Some reefers from overseas share a 'common' sea hare and pass it around so as not to endanger the species.

Have anyone in sg done this? My crew now consists of a singlebsea urchin and legion of snails, but they wont touch the larger hair algae.

yup my sea hare died after a wk or two. he'd mow over my coral (gloved star) n make it super unhappy. I dose polyp lab and do wkly water changes to help with lowering phosphate.

Havent heard of anyone sharing a sea hare here tho. gl!

• SRC Member

1. yes, i found sea hare is good in removing HA.

2. They will cause more problem if they die off in your tank & Worse is u cannot find it after it die......(trust me , i have try....)

3. have not seen anyone sharing sea hare, but u can try and get one, after your HA is finish, post and pass it on to other.

• SRC Member

I have hermit crabs...even a sea urchin and snails. 2 algae blennys. And my pbt. None will go near the green stuff. Im thinking of just going full refugium at this point. I have rowaphos running too and i check to see that my phosphates are low, it somehow have curbed the spread but where they are not spreading, the HA are growing.