My humble lions tank

angry

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Hi dude:)

this little fella has absolutely no chance when it comes to feeding. The other two volitans are too fast for it. No choice but to put it into my sump tank so that i can feed him. And i think thats not being fair to this little guy. But he is indeed gorgeous:)

• SRC Member

Are there any tricks to recognising what species are we looking at? i've been to liveaquaria and some lion website but when i saw those Lions at fish farms.... they're like look a bit like this and that, hence always dunno what? Asking the staff there? Eheheh i dun think so... they always either dunno or anyhow haigon customer one..

• SRC Member

Bro,

sure there are distinctive features amongst these different species. Try some of the links provided somewhere along this thread. I'm sure you will be able to recognise them in no time and their captivity requirements.

• SRC Member

Haha, nice links.

BTW, saw a scorpion fish at PR yesterday, very chio, and BIG (at least 4 in excluding tail)! Costly too. Phew!! But you may be interested to check it out. :D

• SRC Member

Feeding them with guppy is not the best option. Try to wean them to frozen food like i told you. You can try out lance fish from reb@#n. I fed mine with lance fish, sotong, market prawns and shell meat. Once in awhile i do put in some mollies just to keep their predatory instinct alive. Volitans are easier to wean than the rest of the lion species.

• SRC Member
Feeding them with guppy is not the best option. Try to wean them to frozen food like i told you. You can try out lance fish from reb@#n. I fed mine with lance fish, sotong, market prawns and shell meat. Once in awhile i do put in some mollies just to keep their predatory instinct alive. Volitans are easier to wean than the rest of the lion species.

Hey Bro

Is the lance fish in RB those frozen type? I wonder if the angler will take it...

BTW, have you seen any small volitans (like > 3") around lately? My dwarf committed suicide on Sunday... :cry2::cry2::cry2:

• SRC Member
they will eat. just got my lion from SL and it ate a dried shrinp that was floating around in my tank. it also eats lance fish that i got from cold storage and also my damsel. i think they like the taste of damsels

What kind of lion is it you got from SL? And how big may I know?

:thanks: