Rowaphos in FR changed color??

Admiraltian

Recently encountered my rowaphos in my tlf phosban reactor changed color, from black to greyish blue. Only thing I did was using zeobak and coral vitalizer from korallen zucht. More likely zeobak the culprit cos I am not running the full zeovit system ie no zeovit reactor, no zeolite stones. Juz this question to ask, after it changed color, can the rowaphos still be used? Currently still running in my fr. I tried 3 times and usually after 1 wk of dosing zeobak, the color will changed. I only dosed 1 drop per wk due to its potency, mine is 50 gallon tank. So after 2nd drop a wk ltr, rowa will changed color. So far nv see any impact on my LS. Juz worry in the long run and that my rowaphos not effective in the fr.Posted Image

Anyone encounters this before, pls advise.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

i was using both zeobak and coral vitaliser few years back with rowa and reactor. never had such encounter before. where did you buy your rowa from?

is the rowa moist when u purchase it?

No, the rowa wasn't moist. All bought from same source, fresh n marine. Juz wondering if the recent batches of zeobak had its ingredient changed? I had heard the same thing from what u said from some users of zeovit that they never encounter the same thing as me. But if the changed of coloration is harmless then I'll ignore it. In the meantime, I juz need a 2nd opinion whether others had encountered the same as wat I did.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

rowas are always moist, they have to be kept that way, I suspect you have an sub standard rowas. Why dun you try rowas from another source and see if you register a trend in the colour change again.
Problem is it never change color since I started using it. Only chg color after I dose zeobak.

Here is the pic of the remaining of my rowaphos in the container, is this ok? I touch it and it feels dry but looked a little moist and some parts clumped together.

Posted Image

Another pic,Posted Image

If you touch the media, do you get rusty stain on your fingers? From my experience, the Rowaphos should be wet and will stain when touch, that's why when use will Rowa filter sock, the sock will turn brown after using.

Also, are you taking the photo with the Rowphos in the container? So far, the sides of my Rowaphos container is never so clean. You may want to verify with Reef Depot.

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

If you touch the media, do you get rusty stain on your fingers? From my experience, the Rowaphos should be wet and will stain when touch, that's why when use will Rowa filter sock, the sock will turn brown after using. Also, are you taking the photo with the Rowphos in the container? So far, the sides of my Rowaphos container is never so clean. You may want to verify with Reef Depot.
When I touch it, my fingers turned brown, the container has some brown stains on the sides which my iPhone cam couldn't capture. So does that conclude my rowas normal?

When I touch it, my fingers turned brown, the container has some brown stains on the sides which my iPhone cam couldn't capture. So does that conclude my rowas normal?

Can not conclude la, we are just layman trying to verify using our layman way. Best is to check with FnM whom you have bought or with Reef Dept who is the agent. ;)

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

Can not conclude la, we are just layman trying to verify using our layman way. Best is to check with FnM whom you have bought or with Reef Dept who is the agent. ;)
Ok ok, thanks, bro. I checked with them.

Jus to clarify, the rowaphos running in fr will not change its color from black to blue if I never dose zeobak.