Thinking of changing DD 5000 to Diablo 10500

hammy

I am interested to change my return from DD 5000 to Diablo 10500 as it has higher turnover and probably more control. The pump will run through my chiller before pumping up to my main tank.

I am seeking the forum opinion whether it is a good move as I am very new to DC pump.

Your opinion is valuable to me thank you =)

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• SRC Member
I am interested to change my return from DD 5000 to Diablo 10500 as it has higher turnover and probably more control. The pump will run through my chiller before pumping up to my main tank. I am seeking the forum opinion whether it is a good move as I am very new to DC pump. Your opinion is valuable to me thank you =)
The rate might be too fast for your chiller to chill down. What is your objection for changing to such a strong pump? Your current pump should be good enough for your water vol.

tEc" post="1133642" timestamp="1379785152"]The rate might be too fast for your chiller to chill down. What is your objection for changing to such a strong pump? Your current pump should be good enough for your water vol.
Bro Vtec! :) I want to increase the turnover :) According to DD website, after calculating the headloss... The return is left with about 2500l/hr Going through the chiller, maybe lose another 500 to 1000 l/hr.... The return flow output is seriously not strong . According to madpetz website.. Recommended flow rate is 1800 to 9000 l/hr

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• SRC Member

If the flow rate is too strong, you can maximize it by making a manifold to link to other equipment that requires a pump (ie skimmer, FR, etc). Control with adjustable valves. Less pumps = less heat = less power consumption. Point to note is if it malfunctions, every equipment stops, so you have to weigh the pros & cons.

• Like 1