Mandarin dragonet spawning

• SRC Member

Lifted from marine breeder forum: Following hatch, the best bet for attempting to rear these larvae is utilizing greenwater techniques including phytoplankton such as Nannochloropsus, Nannochloris, Tetraselmis or Isocrysis (T-Iso). Zooplanktons could include SS-Strain Rotifers and Copepod nauplii - copepod nauplii seem to be one of the better performing routes to take - these nauplii must be free swimming, so most folks are focusing on the Calanoid copepod species. Think can also try getting green water from ah beng or iwarna as well. Depending on where u stay. Lck201 may carry as well.

• SRC Member
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=824111&page=4 Check out the above link on this reefer's 40 pages mandarin breeding log. Page 4 kinda gives u an idea on his battle plan - feeding larvea. Happy reading and baby mandarin sitting. Getting very exciting... More updates yeah...

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=824111&page=4 Check out the above link on this reefer's 40 pages mandarin breeding log. Page 4 kinda gives u an idea on his battle plan - feeding larvea. Happy reading and baby mandarin sitting. Getting very exciting... More updates yeah...

Lifted from marine breeder forum: Following hatch, the best bet for attempting to rear these larvae is utilizing greenwater techniques including phytoplankton such as Nannochloropsus, Nannochloris, Tetraselmis or Isocrysis (T-Iso). Zooplanktons could include SS-Strain Rotifers and Copepod nauplii - copepod nauplii seem to be one of the better performing routes to take - these nauplii must be free swimming, so most folks are focusing on the Calanoid copepod species. Think can also try getting green water from ah beng or iwarna as well. Depending on where u stay. Lck201 may carry as well.

haha i guess we are reading the samething.

might pop by ah beng or irwana tmr.

These guys came at such wrong timing man, got a paper on monday to study for :(

So cute. Survival rate of the larvae? Btw, good job!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Hatch rate is around 98%

Survival rate of larvae= unknown seems like all still doing well.

Think up to this stage is still easy to care for as no feeding is necessary.

Its the next 24hrs that crucial when feeding starts to kick in. coz i dun have the right feed to do it. checked with Junkai yesterday if wanna get the right strain of copepod to raise them have to import them from US and its will take more then a week and think its around 100plus. Also they do not have the smaller strain of rotifer right now.

Care to share the setup of the larvae tank?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

haha talking abt larvae tank. There's no TANK involved lei.

This is the setup. :yeah:

A used chye xin bottle.......

10377886403_3fd7d7a271_z.jpg