Mandarin dragonet spawning

Well done and all the best. If you willing to let go some aft they grow, I love to have it.thank in advance :)

U have done well so far.

just keep doing it and I'm sure you will hit the jackpot.

and good luck for your exams!!!

The chances of survival is almost zero but don't give up. Keep the water clean as you don't have filtration. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Congraz and don't give up.

assuming you have no experience in breeding

this is a very good start liao

nothing more impt than exam

holiday have more than enough time for 2nd attempt

cheers

Thanks bro.

Will see what i can do after exam next week :D

Any way batch 6 collected.

i just realise how beautiful these fishes are...how much is a pair and where to get these?

Got them from ah beng, think the stock come from coral farm as it comes with CF container. dint buy them as a pair. Think was less then 1 red notes/pcs when i bought. Mines are quite small, brought them when there was around 1.5" or so.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • SRC Member

Sharing my experience. I bought a female green mandarin more than 2yrs ago. The tank was mature but I added Tigger pods into sump anyway. It thrived and eventually learnt to eat pellets. No training. Just incidental. Then I got a male about a year ago. He immediately got along with the female and did their mating dance regularly when lights were dimmed. He was skinny but has since fattened up. He too has learnt to accept dry food.
From this, I conclude that dragonets will learn to eat pellets if given time. But during that time, there must be adequate live food around. So u must hv a sizeable tank (no nano) that has been around for 6mths at least. Live rocks and sand are essential I reckon. A refugium helps too.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk