Alternative to Tunze

silverfish

• SRC Member

Hi bro,

I really dun think TUNZE can be overwhelming. Get the smallest model.

I am using the T12 in my 4 ft and I find it too weak.

Other altenatives would be to use powerheads but these are dangerous cos they tend to suck up anemones, fishes etc....unless protected with netting at the inlet. These also use more watts and generate more heat. And the angle of wave spread is very directional....not as wide as TUNZE.

Cheers

• SRC Member
Hi guys :lol:

Just wondering what are the alternative to tunze? I read in this forum that it can be too overwhelming for a 3 footer.

RIO coming out TUNZE Stream equivalent, cost less than $100 SGD - pricing for RIO in S'pore is much cheaper. Is already out in US for free testing. The agent in S'pore will bring it in once it is released. It will comes with a lot different mounting plates -ALL FREE!

The Stream are the greatest invention for water circulation. but the cost is terrible. I've ready have 2 set of 6100 down, controller totally burnt and went thru 1 drive shaft and 2 power supplies change. All these = more than $1500 done in the drain within a year ! :evil::angry:

I guess in a high dkh environment for a clam or SPS tank, it's more vaible to buy cheap and replace regularly, unless you are talking about investng on a air cooled Iwaki or Resun for Return for pumping function. Else anything that soak in it .......... :blink::blink::blink:

:P:P:P

Max

• SRC Member
Thanks munster :D

Where can I get a T12? I only know of the 6000's model..

Is it weaker?

Bro the TS12 is the single controller with 6001. 12000L/hr flow rate.

Its super ex. About $600

But you can just get the lower end one. The 7000L/hr without controller. Its only $190.

Can buy from either PR or Eaquanature.

I using the 2x6000 with 7094 multi-controller in my 4ft. Quite regret never go for the TS24. Bcos find the flow like a bit weak.

Probably need to add one more 6100. Nevermind got room for expansion :P

Anyone got 6100 and too strong want to downgrade, probably I can top up the difference heheh.

• SRC Member
I using the 2x6000 with 7094 multi-controller in my 4ft. Quite regret never go for the TS24. Bcos find the flow like a bit weak.

Probably need to add one more 6100. Nevermind got room for expansion :P

Anyone got 6100 and too strong want to downgrade, probably I can top up the difference heheh.

wow you using 2 x 6000 still not enough still want one more 6100

wont it be over killing..

2 x 6000 = 140000 l/h already

then add one more 120000 = 260000

me just order a TS12 for my new 5ft...