New Fishes disappear

doc99337

Last Sat I added some livestocks. 3pcs of small fish. 1 rainford goby, 1 small yellow wrasse and 1 hi fin banded goby. After they hide in the rocks never see them again until now almost 4 days already. Do you think something praying them? I saw some bristles worm in my live rocks before. I saw it eating dead fish. It is possible that it killed my new fishes? I have one dottyback quite aggressive bullying my small wrasses. It is also my second time to put yellow wrasse with no success. I havent seen any corpse yet. Hope they are still hiding.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

• SRC Member

Bristle worms do not hunt fishes but they scavenge and eat dead ones. Bobbit worms are the ones known to ensnare prey.

New fishes will usually hide in a new environment. Some will never be seen again because they starve to death or die due to illness. Proper species compatibility and Proper acclimatization will reduce such risks.

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

My dottyback is super aggressive and guard its territory without letting any fish go nears it. It has injured my yellowtail damsel and hector goby's fin before. Only my clownfish dare to go near the dottyback. Therefore, check and see if your fish hide in the same cave as the dottyback. If yes then think you got to separate the fish.

Tank: 3.5ft x 2ft x 1.5ft, 12mm

Sump: 3ft

Skimmer: Bubble Magus Curve 7

Lightings: Maxspect 15000k

Return Pump: Eheim 1252

Wavemaker: Jebao WP25, Jebao RW-8

Garden eel missing for 10days! Have 3 snails, a starfish, tube worm, doctor shrimp and some fish in my tank. Last sighted under one of the live rocks. Have done 1 water change and 1 rescaping since. Dug through the sand and couldn't find it! Not even a dead skeleton or anything! Freaky!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Garden eel missing for 10days! Have 3 snails, a starfish, tube worm, doctor shrimp and some fish in my tank. Last sighted under one of the live rocks. Have done 1 water change and 1 rescaping since. Dug through the sand and couldn't find it! Not even a dead skeleton or anything! Freaky!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol =))