Help to remove crab

sky007

Remove the rock that you seen it and dip freshwater. If you cant remove the rock.. use a small glass bottle or cup. Put some prawn meat in it. If all this fail.. prepare a long sharp BBQ stew.. poke it when you spot it.. I use this method to clear off about 30 over crab which came with the liverock.

Remove the rock that you seen it and dip freshwater. If you cant remove the rock.. use a small glass bottle or cup. Put some prawn meat in it. If all this fail.. prepare a long sharp BBQ stew.. poke it when you spot it.. I use this method to clear off about 30 over crab which came with the liverock.

Wow bro Kelvin,

that's a lot of crabs!

Anyway, bro sky007.

So far using a trap works the best for me so far. set the trap, bait it and wait... although sometimes it may take awhile. Or if your tank is small, take out your rocks and can try a hypersalinity soak.

Hope this helps.

Finally got him :evil: . about 2 inch in size, one huge crab. Soaked the whole rocks in fresh water for 3 minute but nothing happen but I know he is in there! I picked up my pincer and slowly poked hole to hole and finally see some movement in one of the holes. Quickly grab his claw and dug it out. All in 5 min.

Now in my sump waiting for the judgement be passed. Not sure if I should cook it, haha.

post-0-0-28189300-1386318239_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Guys, i just noticed I have at least 3 crabs in my tank. What type of prawn should I put in the trap, market prawn? How long should I wait before I remove the prawn? I placed a frozen mysis shrimp cube in my trap and trapped a turbo snail. Grr.

Tank: 3.5ft x 2ft x 1.5ft, 12mm

Sump: 3ft

Skimmer: Bubble Magus Curve 7

Lightings: Maxspect 15000k

Return Pump: Eheim 1252

Wavemaker: Jebao WP25, Jebao RW-8

Guys, i just noticed I have at least 3 crabs in my tank. What type of prawn should I put in the trap, market prawn? How long should I wait before I remove the prawn? I placed a frozen mysis shrimp cube in my trap and trapped a turbo snail. Grr.

Hi, try sea catch prawn. You can try Giant or sheng siong. Ask the helper about sea catch prawn. tie the prawn and let it sink. leave it overnight. Cheers.

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore