Looking for Orange Spot Filefish for breeding project

ml708

• SRC Member

Hi Bros,

I'm trying to get some orange spot filefish for breeding purposes. Plenty of SPS in my tank for them to munch on, but of course I would want to train them onto frozen food eventually using bleached acro frags.

Does anyone know where I can find them?

• SRC Member

Ah Beng had a few small pieces when I was there last sunday.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want to impress people they don't like.

They take quite bit of hoaxing to get on mysis and pellets.. I have kept a few pair before, beginning is smeared my food mix and sliverside on a piece of dead acro.. Started eating them in a few days.. all took otohime pellets at the end, I feel pellet is a hit or miss, I have individual even thou others are feeding on pellets but it just refuse to eat.. I also have 1-2 that took pellet straight away after starving.. My take is medium size chances are higher, the bigger ones normally are very finicky and smalle ones loses mass too fast to last them thru the training phrase. And try to get more and seperate them as aggression sets in when they start to pair.. They dun take man made pairing very well..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member
They take quite bit of hoaxing to get on mysis and pellets.. I have kept a few pair before, beginning is smeared my food mix and sliverside on a piece of dead acro.. Started eating them in a few days.. all took otohime pellets at the end, I feel pellet is a hit or miss, I have individual even thou others are feeding on pellets but it just refuse to eat.. I also have 1-2 that took pellet straight away after starving.. My take is medium size chances are higher, the bigger ones normally are very finicky and smalle ones loses mass too fast to last them thru the training phrase. And try to get more and seperate them as aggression sets in when they start to pair.. They dun take man made pairing very well..
+1 Actually not sure if they still have in stock, Jireh got a couple of pellet feeding ones last I saw about 1.5 months back.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want to impress people they don't like.

• SRC Member

Thanks guys! Went down today and they had a tiny one left, I got him (it's a male) and he is happily munching on sps at the moment. Hopefully they will have more next week to keep him company!