Most effective way to get rid of algae hair

xeneryx

• SRC Member

my pico coral tank suddenly have algae blooming.

its grow till like seaweed. super long. covering the whole tank.

I've tried taking the rocks out to clean, but it grows super fast. what can i do ?

Bro, once the algae has settle in the rocks it is very difficult to eradicate. Even if you brush the rock, chances are there is still left over in the rock cavities.

One option, since a pico tank is small; just replace the rocks.

Another option, check with FuEl (Iwarna) on some additive to remove nuisance algae.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
my pico coral tank suddenly have algae blooming. its grow till like seaweed. super long. covering the whole tank. I've tried taking the rocks out to clean, but it grows super fast. what can i do ?
Try to control the nutrients level, I'm keeping small size hermit crabs inside my tank and the algae problem is resolved.

• 6 months later...

I had Hair algae bloom. Added snails, NP pellets reactor, no3 zero, liquid carbon and finally overkill skimmer. The result comes best after introducing skimmer. Removed a lot of dirty stuff from water. Hair algae no nutrient to grow, reduced.. left a tiny bit in a total of 2 mths time.