Angels without chiller

Athier

• SRC Member

I guess I was the lucky one with temperature high at 30.2 and yet fishes survived. If not for tank leaked, the fishes would have survived for another half a year, that means a total of 20 months.

Surprisingly when I had the chiller on and T5 On, my angels didn't survived. And with FOWLR my angels survived better. Haha ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• SRC Member

There is a electric calculator in the forum. Just key in the power ratings and the usage of your equipment and it'll tell your estimated electricity bill...

Yeah bro..that's estimated..pub calculation a bit difference..so it will b more interesting to have Reefer here share a bit of info like bill used to b $100 but now $130 (example)..cheers

@ 291213

Updated video: Kenyee FOWLR

http://m.youtube.com/my_videos

• SRC Member
Yeah bro..that's estimated..pub calculation a bit difference..so it will b more interesting to have Reefer here share a bit of info like bill used to b $100 but now $130 (example)..cheers
Bro end of the day it depends on how much u value your fishes. For me, I will give the best i can afford.

• SRC Member

Bro end of the day it depends on how much u value your fishes. For me, I will give the best i can afford.

Well said bro..to add on, value something need not b spending $ on it..time commitment too..

my tank temp now 27.5°c to 28°c..using a table fan to blow at my sump..will monitor n update status for sharing..happy reefing

@ 291213

• SRC Member

Well said bro..to add on, value something need not b spending $ on it..time commitment too..

my tank temp now 27.5°c to 28°c..using a table fan to blow at my sump..will monitor n update status for sharing..happy reefing

Sad to say, when come to reefing, spending $ cant be avoided. Time commitment is worth more than anything. U can earn money but u cant earn time.

• SRC Member

Sad to say, when come to reefing, spending $ cant be avoided. Time commitment is worth more than anything. U can earn money but u cant earn time.

Ya bro, we can't earn time so we use $ to buy time (like take car instead of public transport)..my time committment mean spend time at ur tank be it looking at ur fish, changing water, cleaning tank, diy stuffs, etc..its a hobby afterall..for reefing, of Coz need to spend $..its just that spend more or spend lesser..to spend within one mean..n spend in what's work for ur tank..sad to say, nothing is free..

back to the topic, I m thinking for angels and FOWLR what is the max temp..I would say below 30°c..best ard 28°c will do (base on water temp in Tioman)..if using fan can achieve this temp for ur tank, u can consider not have chiller..its up to individual preference though..happy reefing

@ 291213

• SRC Member

I Think You Better be getting a chiller..some deepwater species need cool water,,but generally anything under 30degress in acceptable..but better cooler water for certain species...

300Gallons of Pure Goodness! >Dimensions 6x2x2 (Foot)

1: Maxspect 160 Watt qty-2

2: Vortech MP 40 Wes

3:Jaebao WP40 qty-2

3: Skimz Becket Skimmer/ Ehiem 1260

4: Dymax XC 900 Calcium Reactor

5: American Pinpoint PH Controller

6: Iwaki MD 55 And MD 70 (Return)

7: Hydra Aquatics FR45 Reactor

8:Hailea 10HP Chiller

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

Ya bro, we can't earn time so we use $ to buy time (like take car instead of public transport)..my time committment mean spend time at ur tank be it looking at ur fish, changing water, cleaning tank, diy stuffs, etc..its a hobby afterall..for reefing, of Coz need to spend $..its just that spend more or spend lesser..to spend within one mean..n spend in what's work for ur tank..sad to say, nothing is free..

back to the topic, I m thinking for angels and FOWLR what is the max temp..I would say below 30°c..best ard 28°c will do (base on water temp in Tioman)..if using fan can achieve this temp for ur tank, u can consider not have chiller..its up to individual preference though..happy reefing

I agree that so long the temperature can be achieved, the angels can be happy, it is okay.

After reading from other dear reefers, the colour of angels, water parameters may not as good as those without chiller.

However like you said, the temperature can be achieved by using fan, then it is ok.

By the way, about spending $, yep couldn't really resist if really want and need to get fishy stuffs..

Luckily my kids able to join the fun when I spend time with Fishy :-)

• SRC Member

I Think You Better be getting a chiller..some deepwater species need cool water,,but generally anything under 30degress in acceptable..but better cooler water for certain species...

Yeah bro..I will see if deem fit..as of now no deep water species in my tank..in my mind, chiller is a killer in electricity bill..so if can avoid, avoid..end of the day, it depend on what u keep n what's the budget..cheers

@ 291213

• SRC Member

I agree that so long the temperature can be achieved, the angels can be happy, it is okay.

After reading from other dear reefers, the colour of angels, water parameters may not as good as those without chiller.

However like you said, the temperature can be achieved by using fan, then it is ok.

By the way, about spending $, yep couldn't really resist if really want and need to get fishy stuffs..

Luckily my kids able to join the fun when I spend time with Fishy :-)

Happy to hear that ur kids enjoy time with ur fishy too..I oso can't really resist in spending when come to fishy stuffs..but pocket restricted me..haha..

Talking about temperature, the colder the water dun mean that water parameter will b good or the colour of the fish will b good too..there's too many factors in this..for colour wise, I believe lighting play a large part, follow by the water parameter n diet, not forgetting the fish itself (human have different look too)..cheers

@ 291213

• SRC Member

Yeah bro..I will see if deem fit..as of now no deep water species in my tank..in my mind, chiller is a killer in electricity bill..so if can avoid, avoid..end of the day, it depend on what u keep n what's the budget..cheers

Hi bro ,

I have that same thinking when I started out . Wanna cut cut on bills and Siam getting equipments . End up fishes keep dying . Even though fishes are not that ex , money can earn back but a life cannot ah .

After going FOWLR , u will find it a bit dull and wanna get some cute colorful corals ... From then on , you will look for a chiller .hahaha

Then you will wanna get a chiller that just nice match ur tank, in the end it's too low power and u will upgrade to a more horsepower chiller .

IMHO money need to be spent but wisely .

2 cents from a beginner.

• SRC Member

Hi bro ,

I have that same thinking when I started out . Wanna cut cut on bills and Siam getting equipments . End up fishes keep dying . Even though fishes are not that ex , money can earn back but a life cannot ah .

After going FOWLR , u will find it a bit dull and wanna get some cute colorful corals ... From then on , you will look for a chiller .hahaha

Then you will wanna get a chiller that just nice match ur tank, in the end it's too low power and u will upgrade to a more horsepower chiller .

IMHO money need to be spent but wisely .

2 cents from a beginner.

Agreed bro..what equipment u siam to cut bill that causes lose of life?..some equipments like skimmer u can't siam 1..all fish life is important of Coz..I would wish my chromis to grow big n fat in my tank..

As I go for FOWLR, I wouldn't go for coral..as I know coral will bleach in hot water temperature like 28°c..so if I go for coral, the temp will b 25-26°c as such, chiller is a must.. I m a fish person..I prefer looking at fish swimming than colourful coral..maintaining a temperature of ard 28°c shd b fine then..to keep a fish healthy, its not mainly the temperature, but the water parameter n its diet..

for chiller wise, get higher hp compressor drop in coil chiller will b more cost efficient..to quote an example, bro vtec's 1hp chiller cut in for 15min n rest ard 2-3 hr..this make up to be ard 2-3hr a day of compressor running..the electricity bill will b less than $20 monthly..its really affordable for this case..

Happy reefing

@ 291213

• SRC Member

Agreed bro..what equipment u siam to cut bill that causes lose of life?..some equipments like skimmer u can't siam 1..all fish life is important of Coz..I would wish my chromis to grow big n fat in my tank..

As I go for FOWLR, I wouldn't go for coral..as I know coral will bleach in hot water temperature like 28°c..so if I go for coral, the temp will b 25-26°c as such, chiller is a must.. I m a fish person..I prefer looking at fish swimming than colourful coral..maintaining a temperature of ard 28°c shd b fine then..to keep a fish healthy, its not mainly the temperature, but the water parameter n its diet..

for chiller wise, get higher hp compressor drop in coil chiller will b more cost efficient..to quote an example, bro vtec's 1hp chiller cut in for 15min n rest ard 2-3 hr..this make up to be ard 2-3hr a day of compressor running..the electricity bill will b less than $20 monthly..its really affordable for this case..

Happy reefing

Cool bro , I believe you know what is required and what to do .

Cheers!

Reef on !

• SRC Member

Cool bro , I believe you know what is required and what to do .

Cheers!

Reef on !

Steady bro..we r all learning n sharing our experience on the reefing journey..cheers

Just to share..angel fish can live in avg 28°c of water..just went Similan for diving..water temp @ avg 28°c..many beautiful large n fat emperor, Blueface, bluering, regal, flagfin, etc..not forgetting many tangs n butterfly fish too..

Happy reefing..

@ 291213

Steady bro..we r all learning n sharing our experience on the reefing journey..cheers

Just to share..angel fish can live in avg 28°c of water..just went Similan for diving..water temp @ avg 28°c..many beautiful large n fat emperor, Blueface, bluering, regal, flagfin, etc..not forgetting many tangs n butterfly fish too..

Wow sounds an amazing experience with the fatty emperor :-) and etc..

Thanks for sharing Bro.

Peace.

Happy reefing..

• SRC Member

Oh..so 28-30 C is fine for angel..eg emperor, blue face, Koran , right?

I would advise water temp to be below 29°c..strong n good water movement in tank is necessary as current to the fish is like wind to us..30°c sound a bit too high to me..feel like ur fish is in hot pool..haha

@ 291213