vinegar Dosing 101

ASHWIN

• SRC Member

Follow the link's dosing table and you'll be fine. Make sure to observe your no3 and Po4 while dosing. And adjust as needed. Any big sharp drop of no3 and especially Po4 is not going to do good for your Sps.

I've been dosing vinegar for a long time. I get those long white stringy bacterial but only on the walls. Remember to clean those to prevent clogging of filters and wave makers.

EvolutionZ's Floating Reef:

(Decommed) EvolutionZ's 4ft shallow Mixed Reef Build :

• SRC Member

Follow the link's dosing table and you'll be fine. Make sure to observe your no3 and Po4 while dosing. And adjust as needed. Any big sharp drop of no3 and especially Po4 is not going to do good for your Sps.

I've been dosing vinegar for a long time. I get those long white stringy bacterial but only on the walls. Remember to clean those to prevent clogging of filters and wave makers.

Noted Bro..Just Dosed 5ML..Will moniter..Yess i will increase very slowly..Thanks bro..

300Gallons of Pure Goodness! >Dimensions 6x2x2 (Foot)

1: Maxspect 160 Watt qty-2

2: Vortech MP 40 Wes

3:Jaebao WP40 qty-2

3: Skimz Becket Skimmer/ Ehiem 1260

4: Dymax XC 900 Calcium Reactor

5: American Pinpoint PH Controller

6: Iwaki MD 55 And MD 70 (Return)

7: Hydra Aquatics FR45 Reactor

8:Hailea 10HP Chiller

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

• SRC Member
Hi bro how much did you add? ML?..after Reading this im a bit scared..i was suppose to start today After My Water Change..:(..Or can I Start With 5ML +Weekly Heavy feedings..but why didnt you control the dosage?..many reefers told me the amount added can be tuned based on the nitrate level wanted..Haih super scary..your sps rtn? :o..LPS?Fishes?..and Try Feeding Abit Heavy bro..Wouldent That help?..im Resorting to vinegar beacause i have a really Really High Bioload..Battling With Diatoms,Cyano,Green Bubble,Green slime Algae Has got me pist And almost left the hobby..So..I Would Like To Have Flexisibility in Feeding..Thanks bro for you experience..So now your tamk ULNS?..
Sorry my mistake, its ml not ppm. As in I dose 2ml per day. I suggest you start with a small dosage first before increasing slowly if you really want to dose. My tank now is free from any algae but my sps is still stning.. pros and cons I guess..

Sometimes the good guys gotta do bad things to make the bad guys pay. - Harvey Specter

• SRC Member

Wah 2 ml and prob? Shit :o im starting with 5..

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

• SRC Member

IMO, b4 dosing any funny stuff/chemical, look at the health of ur fishes n corals..if they dun look stress/sick/funny/weird, dun try anything funny..if really want to try dose, dose in a little amount slowly n see the effect..I find it dangerous as sometime the effect dun show progressively n one overnight will wipe out ur tank.. Good luck n happy reefing

@ 291213

Updated video: Kenyee FOWLR

http://m.youtube.com/my_videos

• SRC Member

Been dosing 15-20ml artificial vinegar daily or once every 2day sometimes for 1month in my 350l nett tank , no problem at all. Vinegar,vodka dosing very quite proven already , no need scare. Start low dose and slowly ramp up sure no problem.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

| Display : 48x30x22 Skimmer : SK-201 skimz

| Sump : 30x24x18 Wavemaker : 2x RW-15 , 1x RW-8

| Cooling : 1HP titanium drop in coil ATO : JBJ

| Lighting : ATI Sunpower 8x54w + 48x cree xte royal blue Return : Jebao dc-6000

| Dosing : Jebao dosing pump [ CaCl2 + NaHCO3 ] Pump :

| Reactor : FSZ Z160 zeolite reactor & phosban 150

| System : ZEOVIT

decomm-ed :

Ydkm SPS reef

:wub: >><< :wub:

• SRC Member

Depends on tank volume. 2ml on a small tank and 5ml on a big tank is different.

Thanks bro Evo

I dose abt 15ml for my 250l tank daily via my kalkwasser topup. Nutrient is undetachable. Increase my ca and kh at the same time.

Only drawback is I need to use a small fan to increase my evaporation rate.

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• SRC Member

Thanks Guys for your updates!

• SRC Member

Bro how is the progress? See any drop in po4?

No Sign of nitrate Drooping yet..uped my dose..

• SRC Member

bro

probably try dosing bacteria as well? because they are the one who will do the work.

bacteria needs media to live, therefore in the sump got to make sure there is enough media e.g. coral chips (the more porous the better).

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Hello all,

There isn't need for GFO once your carbon dosing is established. Here's something to read at reefcentral. After 18 pages, you might find this of use (they deliver for $6, not expensive). The downside being, it takes a long long time to get established and see algae disappearing.

No messy refugium, no GFO, some money into weekly tests. Test kits to use are this (the local distributor can go fly kite) and this (delivers or go Kallang Way yourself). A fun method of juggling NO3 and PO4 if you have the patience.

Materialism :- He who dies with the most toys, wins.

• SRC Member

Hello all,

There isn't need for GFO once your carbon dosing is established. Here's something to read at reefcentral. After 18 pages, you might find this of use (they deliver for $6, not expensive). The downside being, it takes a long long time to get established and see algae disappearing.

No messy refugium, no GFO, some money into weekly tests. Test kits to use are this (the local distributor can go fly kite) and this (delivers or go Kallang Way yourself). A fun method of juggling NO3 and PO4 if you have the patience.

Ownself go collect is free also haha. Any idea if The potassium chloride in the ecohydroponics can be use for reef tank ? Used to buy npk for my plantedtank there .

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

| Display : 48x30x22 Skimmer : SK-201 skimz

| Sump : 30x24x18 Wavemaker : 2x RW-15 , 1x RW-8

| Cooling : 1HP titanium drop in coil ATO : JBJ

| Lighting : ATI Sunpower 8x54w + 48x cree xte royal blue Return : Jebao dc-6000

| Dosing : Jebao dosing pump [ CaCl2 + NaHCO3 ] Pump :

| Reactor : FSZ Z160 zeolite reactor & phosban 150

| System : ZEOVIT

decomm-ed :

Ydkm SPS reef

:wub: >><< :wub:

• SRC Member

bro

probably try dosing bacteria as well? because they are the one who will do the work.

bacteria needs media to live, therefore in the sump got to make sure there is enough media e.g. coral chips (the more porous the better).

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

i dose MB7 aswell bro..5ML also.Enough?..I normally dose Vinegar Around 10AM After That Around 2PM i Dose MB7..having bit of Cyano..Before Vinegar Dosing Was Carried out it was there..Todays dose 10ML into overflow box..or sump?

• SRC Member

Hello all,

Thanks bro..but how long does it take to see results?..

Ownself go collect is free also haha. Any idea if The potassium chloride in the ecohydroponics can be use for reef tank ? Used to buy npk for my plantedtank there .

Sorry bro, I don't know.

Thanks bro..but how long does it take to see results?..

For most established tanks less than 2 weeks for nitrate to drop, and another to 6 weeks for some kind of Pseudomonas strain to be big enough to 'work' on phosphate. I fooled around too much with different bacteria brands, it took me 4 months before I figure out what I did wrong, and it's another 2 months before bacteria population settles down.