Buy Yellow Tangs & Purple tangs

andy777

• SRC Member

Hi Pak Andy777....welcome!! welcome!!

I travel to Jakarta occasionally. In fact recently (2003) when I was in Jakarta, I visited Pavilium Mahakam (Blk M) and Jalan Kartini near Gunung Sahari road...mostly, in fact 90% are fresh water fish.....

May I ask besides these places, where else have more marine fish....the clams you mentioned are cheap!! :yeah::yeah: Where are they located?

I am probably going to make a trip up north and I wish to visit some of this marine shop during lunch time.....would appreciate your advise.

Thanks in advance.

• SRC Member

I mean south....#%#@# hahaha In fact I met an Indonesian in Jalan Kartini while looking for a chiller and since then we have been keeping in touch with each other and he has been browsing SRC hahaha

Yesterday I was told there is a lot of rain recently that some place in north Jakarta are flooded!!

By the way have to say the equipment is not really cheap huh?!

One question, if I buy any Live stock, do I need to declare? What about yourself if you buy some live stock? I was thinking to buy some nice fishes for my Indonesian friend when I visit Jakarta...... :lol:

kschew, I'm in Singapore rite now, and will be back Jakarta next week. You may go to Jl.Sumenep (located at central downtown jakarta, Jl. Sudirman), there u find source of saltwater fish market. If you need cheap and quite reliable equipment, you may visit jalan Dr.Muwardi (Grogol). Kartini and other places are only selling freshwater fish. In case u need more info about them, my friend asfur might give u help, just email him at hengky_wijaya@yahoo.com

Happy Hunting! :)

I mean south....#%#@# hahaha In fact I met an Indonesian in Jalan Kartini while looking for a chiller and since then we have been keeping in touch with each other and he has been browsing SRC hahaha

Yesterday I was told there is a lot of rain recently that some place in north Jakarta are flooded!!

By the way have to say the equipment is not really cheap huh?!

One question, if I buy any Live stock, do I need to declare? What about yourself if you buy some live stock? I was thinking to buy some nice fishes for my Indonesian friend when I visit Jakarta...... :lol:

Hey, same question here, I'm trying to find a way to bring saltwater fish back to home by hand carry, but because of recent bird flu outbreak, and the security at the Jakarta airport is tougher, so every hand carry stuff should go under x-ray exam. :( Therefore, it would be difficult to bring it back home. I may try to declare it, but at the end the custom officer might ask me to go quarantine, in other word, killing the fish softly...

Well, will see what happens...I have no idea if you could bring live fishes to Singapore, dunno whether the authority here would be more harsh? U may try it though, since the clam is not so expensive, and you may declare it. Do Not go through the X-ray check, otherwise you may find yourself having grilled fish :)

• SRC Member
kschew, I'm in Singapore rite now, and will be back Jakarta next week. You may go to Jl.Sumenep (located at central downtown jakarta, Jl. Sudirman), there u find source of saltwater fish market. If you need cheap and quite reliable equipment, you may visit jalan Dr.Muwardi (Grogol). Kartini and other places are only selling freshwater fish. In case u need more info about them, my friend asfur might give u help, just email him at hengky_wijaya@yahoo.com

Happy Hunting! :)

Pak...thanks very much! Noted down and will definately visit these place.... :yeah:

I hope you are familiar with Singapore....but if you need a guide to the fish farm today...can call me now.....I am pretty free!!! My hp 97865606. :lol:

The custom very strict huh!! Hmmm...... <_<

• SRC Member
whoa kschew u so free ah? even offer your services as tour guide !!!

gee, would be great if we could go shopping at Jl.Sumenep in Jakarta !!! Can probably buy a hundred big clams !!! except that there would be a customs problem....

:D:lol::D:lol:

A!!! did you go Pasir Ris farm??? Got new stock!!! Topic Marine got a lot of Morris Idol....I really mean a lot!!! Was also at reef world just now and see them unpacking live stock!!! :yeah:

Well....they are our guest what! Anyway, you know la....my Mdm not in town so bloody free!!! <_<

I will probably make a trip tp Jakarta end of March! kekeke see if I can smuggle some clams back Singapore! hehe :ph34r:

Wuahh, many thx for the hospitality of Sgreef members, especially Woonming & Kschew, been very helpful. B) I did a visit this morning to the closest place in downtown, Reborn aquarium ,and they have yellowtang and purple tangs also, which price 25 & 35 each.. No french, asfur, or queen angelfish though.

tomorrow I might try to seek at the pasir ris, before take off back to jakarta... ;)

• SRC Member
how to go pasir ris farm ? i want to go there but dont know , i heard drive 10. i can take Mrt to pasir ris, then must take bus. i dont know what bus?

No11 Pasir Ris Farmway 1 Block D & B (I think) and

Loyang Agrotechnology Park Plot 1 L33 MK 29 at Pasir Ris Drive 12 (at least 3 farms)

Take note the 2 places are quite far away apart if you are taking a cab! ;)

• SRC Member
Wuahh, many thx for the hospitality of Sgreef members, especially Woonming & Kschew, been very helpful. B) I did a visit this morning to the closest place in downtown, Reborn aquarium ,and they have yellowtang and purple tangs also, which price 25 & 35 each.. No french, asfur, or queen angelfish though.

tomorrow I might try to seek at the pasir ris, before take off back to jakarta... ;)

Pak....its my pleasure! :lol: Hope you enjoy!

kschew1498 wrote :

I will probably make a trip tp Jakarta end of March! kekeke see if I can smuggle some clams back Singapore! hehe

----> Huahaha, Pak kschew you are so funny. :D:D:lol::lol: BTW, if you are really come to jakarta, either me or andy777 will be glad to be your guide to some of our LFS, and if you lucky enough i will take you to the exporter place which keep a lot of rare invertebrate.

You know asfur, queen, french, gray angel fish is about Sing $ 250-450, golden masked are about Sing $200-250, the purple are about the same with golden masked. Imagine, if you compare with the most precious Blue Face Angelfish it will cost you only Sing $ 28-35 and the majestic angel for only Sing $ 18. They are very cheap compare to red sea or caribbean fish. :D:D:D If you dare enough, just bring about Sing $ 1000-1500, and you can fullfill fews of your luggage. Just hope your smuggle plan are success. :D:D:D

• SRC Member
kschew1498 wrote :

I will probably make a trip tp Jakarta end of March! kekeke see if I can smuggle some clams back Singapore! hehe

----> Huahaha, Pak kschew you are so funny. :D:D:lol::lol: BTW, if you are really come to jakarta, either me or andy777 will be glad to be your guide to some of our LFS, and if you lucky enough i will take you to the exporter place which keep a lot of rare invertebrate.

You know asfur, queen, french, gray angel fish is about Sing $ 250-450, golden masked are about Sing $200-250, the purple are about the same with golden masked. Imagine, if you compare with the most precious Blue Face Angelfish it will cost you only Sing $ 28-35 and the majestic angel for only Sing $ 18. They are very cheap compare to red sea or caribbean fish. :D:D:D If you dare enough, just bring about Sing $ 1000-1500, and you can fullfill fews of your luggage. Just hope your smuggle plan are success. :D:D:D

No la.... Pak....just joking.....I wouldnt dare...and I wouldnt want the Indonesian custom to ban me from going Indonesia......and I will also lose my job!! :lol: FYI my company rely a lot on Indonesia's business!!

In any case.....really appreciate. Will try to find sometime when I visit Jakarta! Thanks once again! :lol:

This country is full of bribery, even some importer are bribe the custom to make their things not being hold by the custom. This is very shame and sad to hear, but this is the mentality of our government. :(:( But truly, if you come here at march, then just let us know, i will try to re-arrange time with andy777 to meet you.

• SRC Member

By the way Pak....I just realised that most fishes you are talking about are angels....and I believe Angel fish is not so popular in Singapore (correct me if I am wrong) as most reefer goes for corals and angel are known to be not reef safe....... :lol:

• SRC Member
This country is full of bribery, even some importer are bribe the custom to make their things not being hold by the custom. This is very shame and sad to hear, but this is the mentality of our government. :(:( But truly, if you come here at march, then just let us know, i will try to re-arrange time with andy777 to meet you.

Pak....I really appreciate that...thanks once again! :D

Any reefers out there want to tag along.....hahahaha :lol:

• SRC Member
I will also be in Jakarta in end of March, any lobang for clams??? Will be staying in Hyatt Jakarta.

Dunno can hand carry the clams back or not.

that was what I am trying to find out..... ;)

Used to stay in Hyatt but the bombing.....our colleagues in Jakarta advise us to change to Mulia....kekeke Hoenstly I dont think it is much safer if these jokers really wants to bomb you!

Hyatt is a nice hotel I must say.....but Weileong.....try Mulia....very nice Jap restaurant at the basement! Fantastic spread of foods......you can even get a taste of Game fish like Merlin!!! hahaha :lol:

Weilong & kschew, back to jakarta already! ;)

correction, the one got bombing is Marriot, not Hyatt, Hyatt is pretty safe, and very close to 'Sumenep', central market of saltwater fish & coral.

Btw, I just find out, the possibility of bringing coral or fish back to singapore is greater because singapore got no quarantine process or rules like Indonesia or Australia.

Yesterday, when I was back to Jkarta, the custom of Indo gave me a form of good declaration, in which inside written down I have to declare fish (dead or alive) too :evil:

Then also, it's difficult to smuggle, every hand-carry must go under x-ray shot! Unlike it used to be....

Fortunately, I did'nt bring any, as a fish shop in balestier told me not to bring anything now, as the custom of singapore is especially tight during the air-show.

So, from my observation, if you wanna bring live coral from jakarta to singapore you must

1. never packed it in any kind of box, the custom of changi will certainly tell you to go under X-ray! they are afraid of 'Chicken bird flu' ;)

2.Just bring it on plastic bag, or perhaps like shopping bag.

3. Make sure your airline permits you to do it, some airlines are pretty flexible toward this, but certainly not my yesterday airlines, EMIRATES..But, even without their permission, you still can smuggle it, once you are boarding to the gate, just say that the stuff can't go under x-ray check (open up and let the security see it). make sure you packed them right, make a good presentation to them. Your chances getting through would be 60% ;) (based on other people experience)

Btw, if u need help when u r here, don't hesitate to pm me...:)

• SRC Member

Thanks Andy. Will contact you once travel plans more firm.

Who knows, maybe this thread may evolved into a major (and legal :ph34r: ) trading pipeline for clams, corals and LS between Indonesia and Singapore. :lol::lol:

Okay...okay...enough day dreaming. Get back to surfing Pasar Malam first.