Rained out huh? Sorry to hear that Yazid & TTboy

Achilles Tang

• SRC Member
I'll be going up to Tioman this friday...will update you guys on the condition when I return.

Kel> heh heh..two weeks time I'll be in sunny manado... :P ...HOPEFULLY sunny.. :lol:

sunny manado... darned... so lucky.... i can only dream of it... saving money for wedding.. sob sob... i want to see pygmy SH.. take pics for me can???? and send to me via CD?? i want to print it and frame them :D

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member
Hoping to catch some turtles there too! :)

:( leave them alone.. take only pictures ok?? dun touch them or latch on them for a ride...

Yes, i'm waiting for u to complete the pics for me... hehehe..

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

think u should have brought your surfboard instead.. hahaha...

hopefully, my trip will be good weather.. this weekend better go church and pray for good weather... :rolleyes:

hehe, next week maybe going for recce trip to redang. i tell u is the weather is good... :P

• SRC Member

:( leave them alone.. take only pictures ok?? dun touch them or latch on them for a ride...

Yes, i'm waiting for u to complete the pics for me... hehehe..

:lol::lol:

I meant it figuratively lar...catch as in take some pictures lar... :lol::P

• SRC Member

oic.. hahaha.. sorry.. hahaha.. ok.. await for your pics...

• SRC Member

no worries...it's only after I saw what you posted that I realised that my post had a very bad literal meaning... :P

rest assured I don't touch anything when I'm under... :angel:...it simply wouldn't be right. B)

oh BTW, I'm using fuji reala asa 100 film for the first time in my life...you have any experience with it? the lady at cathay photo told me to keep it in my fridge's vege box because I bought it a week early, so I chucked it in already.

but I'm worried later when I take it out, condensation might ruin the film..and what about the trip there and back? how to keep it cool... :(

don't worry about condensation. take the film out of the fridge prior to using it and don't open the container that its in. in about four to six hours time, the condensation will be gone naturally. then just proceed to load into camera.

once exhausted, keep it in a shaded place that is cool. I love the Reala's colour definition when I still used film and I think you wouldn't be disappointed. (= be sure to expand some images up to 6R and beyond. you really will lovely the minute size of the grain. (=

• SRC Member

oh ok..:)..4-6 hours time huh..can can..I'll just load it when I wake up at the resort tomorrow...heehee.

I've heard a lot of good things about the reala and the kodak royal gold film, but apparently the most places don't bring in the latter film..you used it before? How does it compare?

• SRC Member

heh...I'm bringing down my uk light cannon and strobe...should have more than enough light. gf's gonna hold the lc. B)

I'll try using asa200 film as well lar, but since my cam only has asa100 and asa400 settings only, I'll just set it to asa100 but I'll just set the aperture one stop smaller. hopefully it works out. :P

*grin*

I think can't hope for strong sun lar... <_< ...seeing as how the weather has been these last few days. :(

• SRC Member
heh...I'm bringing down my uk light cannon and strobe...should have more than enough light. gf's gonna hold the lc. B)

I'll try using asa200 film as well lar, but since my cam only has asa100 and asa400 settings only, I'll just set it to asa100 but I'll just set the aperture one stop smaller. hopefully it works out. :P

*grin*

I think can't hope for strong sun lar... <_< ...seeing as how the weather has been these last few days. :(

Hey, since you got all the good things, why not try using slide films ? The color is more vibrant but exposure latitude is less forgiving.

oh, btw, spoke to my Malaysia colleague, he said, its not been raining for 2 weeks. ;)

oh yah. slide films are the best, but they are super unforgiving. not recommended if you tend to foul up a lot of shots *like me :P*

stick to Reala 100. you can't go wrong. actually since you're diving, you should try out Fuji's 800 film...forgot the model name.

and oh if you want good Kodak 100s...try out the Supra 100. I think that was the one that I used prior to switching to Reala.

• SRC Member

I have never used film since the invention of digital Camera.. hahaha.. thus, i dun know how to advise on this.. but i heard that Kodak Royal is good... U might be able to find it at Peninsula Plaza.

• SRC Member

Hey, since you got all the good things, why not try using slide films ? The color is more vibrant but exposure latitude is less forgiving.

oh, btw, spoke to my Malaysia colleague, he said, its not been raining for 2 weeks. ;)

ya.. :heh: ..I did think of using slides. in fact, my original intent was to get one of each of fuji velvia, sensia, kodak royal gold 100 & 200 and the reala all to try..

but was talking to the lady at penninsular plaza, and I got the impression from her that if you use slide film, you end up with slides, and no point converting them to prints, cos you'll lose whatever advantages slides give you. did I get her right? :unsure: cos I don't want to enjoy my pictures only on a projector leh...I want to see them in an album.

besides, I'm just starting out lar, and I'm using my this tioman trip as a camera familiarising trip before I go up to manado next saturday.

terry> ya, I came to the same conclusion of forgetting the slides and just go with prints, so only left with the reala. I might take up your suggestion of trying the supra, I saw it the last time I was at penninsular too.. :heh:

• SRC Member
I have never used film since the invention of digital Camera.. hahaha.. thus, i dun know how to advise on this.. but i heard that Kodak Royal is good... U might be able to find it at Peninsula Plaza.

I checked. :(

Apparently it's only for the US market and nobody in singapore brings it in unless it's by special request.

The last known shop that brought it in is in Adelphi, but the last time they brought it in was early last year. :cry:

Anyways, at $9.80 a roll (or so I heard), it's not something I can bear to spend too much on haha... :P

Digital photography is out for now lar. It's just too darn expensive to get a decent setup with strobe, and seems like too much trouble to hook up the strobe to the cam. My second hand film cam with strobe, macro lens, wide angle lens only cost me $350...plus another $80 for the servicing which I did at Adelphi.

• SRC Member

lona,

slides can be scanned to digital using dedicated slide scanner or u can send for slide to print if you like the shot. Cost about $1 for 4R.

The rest you can keep. Tho' slide film is more expensive bu the developing is cheap compared to print film. In the end its about the same but you dun end up having lots of "waste paper " :)

I use mostly fuji provia 100f for my slides. So dunno about print film. But the Supra is worth a try. cheap and good :) but tends to be more warmer than fuji film.

Oh btw, where you get the $350 lobang ? ;)

• SRC Member

hmm...ok, then like that I might just try out a roll of slides next week up at manado..see how it goes heehee.

isn't provia 100f that new slide to replace the sensia or something like that? maybe I got confused...been reading some stuff on film and it can be quite confusing..

I got my second hand cam off a diver from the finsonline forums. it looks used (obviously, since it's second hand) but the guy at the shop says the insides still look pretty good. pressure testing was ok some more, so I guess should be good to go..yay!

I was looking for a second hand digi cam with casing off the clubsnap forums too, but those things are blardy ex even after second hand. :(

• SRC Member
hmm...ok, then like that I might just try out a roll of slides next week up at manado..see how it goes heehee.

rem.. i want the pics... :D

• SRC Member

no worries mate.. i just take the best pics.. hahaha.. blow up to 8R and frame them and put along my house walkway.. :lol:

• SRC Member

isn't provia 100f that new slide to replace the sensia or something like that? maybe I got confused...been reading some stuff on film and it can be quite confusing..

I got my second hand cam off a diver from the finsonline forums. it looks used (obviously, since it's second hand) but the guy at the shop says the insides still look pretty good. pressure testing was ok some more, so I guess should be good to go..yay!

I was looking for a second hand digi cam with casing off the clubsnap forums too, but those things are blardy ex even after second hand. :(

provia 100f have been in the market for sometime already but there's a new velvia100. For people who likes the saturation of velvia 50 but a higher speed. :)

clubsnap ? haha.. well, don't think you can find cheap stuff there. The sale there are normally buy low sell high. Get what i mean ? ;)