Rained out huh? Sorry to hear that Yazid & TTboy

Achilles Tang

So you got 'monsooned out' huh?

I did warn TTboy that the winds are still strong... ;) Looks like I was right! :P

Thank goodness you guys didn't plan your dive at Perhentian or Redang... I would be screaming blue murder all 13 hours back home! :lol:

AT

• SRC Member

Why dont any dive packages do a plane trip there? am sure a lot of people want to visit perhentain and rendang but put off by the long journey by coach. well, i for one would definitely be number 2 (after AT) on the list to sign up for a dive trip to perhentian without the infamous coah journey.

so how Orpheus? Can organise??

• SRC Member

At least TTBoy never left Mersing... Stranded due to boat engine problem..

I did got a free cruise to nowhere... more like a free 12 hour non-stop triple loop, super dipper, hairpin turns, "butterflies-in-your-stomach" plunges roller coast ride... :sick: .. make me puke

Best part is the 3 crew (including the captain) of the other boat also puke, not to mention the people onboard. Their boat got engine problem thus at the mercy of the huge waves and winds.

Anyway, I'm mentally prepared for this nightmare.

Looking forward for the next trip... hopefully... a short 3 hour ride.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
If u are tking plane, u have to count in the 24 hr no flight time so u have to add in 1 more day.

wat more u have to pay extra for the air fare which will make 1 trip like $600-$700

Then might as well i go manado ;)

hammerhd,

If u fly there, u dun have to worry mah.. u can dive immediately.. it is only the return trip that u have to worry.. i think for return, take coach back lor.. problem solved. :P

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

Off topic.... :off:

anyone went tioman on 5-7 mar???

Weather was freaking bad,

tiger reef- swells were like 2m but suprisingly no underwater current. Stupid boatman never check gas tank half way back no gas, stuck at open sea.

• SRC Member
Hey, any idea if the winds are still strong?

I am supposed to go on a liveaboard on 19th March weekend.

AT,

Don't worry. The wind does not reach the capability of a Tornado. And the wave was not higher than a 14 storey building. Yah! A normal day at sea....

Water was calm and not windy. Sunny and sometimes cloudy last week at Dayang. The sun was really burning!. Some dive site are still choppy. Do be prepared though. Prevention is better than cure. Down that pill.

I'll be in Tioman 19-21. Hope to catch u at your dive site.

Justin from Bio-Ocean just did his open water at Aur.

Merlion party all the way. The winds are still strong and white-caps are there. No fun diving.

Today, there's news that those who are Tioman-bound have to turn back.

The monsoon season sure is taking its old sweet time to go away. :(

• SRC Member

hopefully,... 2 more weeks to my first dive trip after long break.. i need my nitrogen fix....

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

lucky fellow....

last week i was there the waves were like something out of blue crush.....

think u should have brought your surfboard instead.. hahaha...

hopefully, my trip will be good weather.. this weekend better go church and pray for good weather... :rolleyes: