getting true turbulent flow

Quas111

• SRC Member

Hi guys, I havebeen having too much laminar flow in my tank, till the point my sps skin is starting to tear up. Would aiming 2 wave makers(wp40&wp60) at each other while on random flow opposite side of The tank(4 feet) create a Turbulent flow

Btw sorry if this is in the wrong page not sure where to ask this question.

• SRC Member

Wp60 is too strong for a 4ft I think unless u set lower power..for flow, u must try n error urself..it depend on ur rock scape too..I try to see my flow by having a air stone at ur return suction, can see lot of air bubble in DT flowing around..hope u can get ur satisfying flow..cheers

@ 291213

Updated video: Kenyee FOWLR

http://m.youtube.com/my_videos

Wp60 is too strong for a 4ft I think unless u set lower power..for flow, u must try n error urself..it depend on ur rock scape too..I try to see my flow by having a air stone at ur return suction, can see lot of air bubble in DT flowing around..hope u can get ur satisfying flow..cheers

Thats a pretty awesome idea, like how they use smoke in an air tunnel. Am gonna try it when i get my 2nd wp25.

• SRC Member

Thats a pretty awesome idea, like how they use smoke in an air tunnel. Am gonna try it when i get my 2nd wp25.

Thks bro..I got the idea by watching a video of wavemaker in a tank mixing some colour..can see traces of colour flowing around..we can use that in our tank so air bubbles is the replacement..cheers

@ 291213

• SRC Member

Hi guys, I havebeen having too much laminar flow in my tank, till the point my sps skin is starting to tear up. Would aiming 2 wave makers(wp40&wp60) at each other while on random flow opposite side of The tank(4 feet) create a Turbulent flow

Btw sorry if this is in the wrong page not sure where to ask this question.

You may wanna just stick to WP40 only.

Else replace your WP60 with a WP25.

• SRC Member

Wp60 is too strong? I use surge mode(w1) on lowest strength and it seems quite OK for soft corals and lps at the other side of the tank. Btw my width is 2.5 feet. Oh and I managed to get pretty nice turbulent and random flow by pointing my wave makers at each other on else mode

• SRC Member

Wp60 is too strong? I use surge mode(w1) on lowest strength and it seems quite OK for soft corals and lps at the other side of the tank. Btw my width is 2.5 feet. Oh and I managed to get pretty nice turbulent and random flow by pointing my wave makers at each other on else mode

Using lowest strength is ok..try n error ur flow..too strong or too weak oso no good..cheers

@ 291213

• SRC Member

@kenyee agreed. The wp60 is good enough on the lowest speed but it's just an eyesore. Oh and I managed to visualise the wave maker current by blowing bubbles through a straw beside the wave maker. Seems random to me lol

• SRC Member

@kenyee agreed. The wp60 is good enough on the lowest speed but it's just an eyesore. Oh and I managed to visualise the wave maker current by blowing bubbles through a straw beside the wave maker. Seems random to me lol

Good try bro..using straw to blow bubbles using ur lung is shiong rite..haha..for wavemaker, try to hide them..I hide my 2 wp40 behind rocks..creating a merry go round current flow..cheers

@ 291213