• SRC Member

Hi All,

Need some feedback from those using these wavemakers in a 3 feet DT tank.

Planning to run on w1 for wave motion effect.

Placing these on opposite ends, will it create too much turbulence since the timing wont be sync?

Or will it be better placing both on 1 end of the tank, one near the top, other near the bottom, for more wav coverage?
Any thooughts?

Great pump! Best to buy and try different placements till you are satisfied. I've seen alot of tanks who have them opp sides by not facing each other. Eventually u can get the jebao twin controller if any LFS bring in, or can order to get the syn up.

I Love Stagsss

• SRC Member

Great wavemaker so far..for wave n flow, got to try n error the position n mode n power..I have got 2 x wp40 on the same side of the tank, 1 at the back n 1 at the front, 1 on w1 mode and 1 on else mode, both power s1..fishes r happy swimming around..cheers

@ 291213

Updated video: Kenyee FOWLR

http://m.youtube.com/my_videos

i'm using 2 wp25 on my 3 footer tank, both on the same side blowing towards the overflow, 1 on W1,S1 and the other on else mode,

Depending on what you keep, for my own tank, i find that its too strong for LPS, depending on location, have to hide some LPS behind the rocks lol

• Like 1

I'm thinking of getting one too but I'm confused a lil. Currently using a boyu. Can't remember which model but the medium size one I think. But when I stick my hand at the end if the tank there is like no flow leh. I see particles moving though.

I want to change to a slightly stronger once cause I think my live rocks are quite chunky and when it was cycling there were dead spots and one of the live rocks grew mould. Worried it will happen again.

Do u guys think one wp25 would be enough for my tank? I'm a 3footer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is only in adventure that some people succeed in knowing themselves - in finding themselves.

• SRC Member

I'm thinking of getting one too but I'm confused a lil. Currently using a boyu. Can't remember which model but the medium size one I think. But when I stick my hand at the end if the tank there is like no flow leh. I see particles moving though.

I want to change to a slightly stronger once cause I think my live rocks are quite chunky and when it was cycling there were dead spots and one of the live rocks grew mould. Worried it will happen again.

Do u guys think one wp25 would be enough for my tank? I'm a 3footer

Depend on ur tank width n height too..Depend on ur return pump power oso..u can try to blow air into the wavemaker using a air tube.. Can see bubbles flowing ard ur tank..can see the current flow..cheers

@ 291213

Depend on ur tank width n height too..Depend on ur return pump power oso..u can try to blow air into the wavemaker using a air tube.. Can see bubbles flowing ard ur tank..can see the current flow..cheers

Oh cool! Never thought about using that method. Will give it a try :)

I think my tank is 3x1.5x2

It is only in adventure that some people succeed in knowing themselves - in finding themselves.

• SRC Member

Yeah I tot corals needed stronger currents??

Not all corals need strong current.. The tissue of some corals can't take that strong current n will b ripped off..they need higher return flow..

for return flow, it depend on ur setup..I believe in higher return flow make the water cleaner..my FOWLR with ard 18000Lph is running good..cheers

@ 291213

• SRC Member
Not all corals need strong current.. The tissue of some corals can't take that strong current n will b ripped off..they need higher return flow.. for return flow, it depend on ur setup..I believe in higher return flow make the water cleaner..my FOWLR with ard 18000Lph is running good..cheers
U sure bro?

• SRC Member
I m sure bro..whats ur take?..cheers
For a reef tank given your tank size, 2 x wp40 might not be enough. Does that mean u need to add more wavemaker for your fowlr tank as u say fowlr need more current than reef tank? Or if the 2 x wp40 is enough for your fowlr, does it mean i can use only 1 wp40 for a reef tank but need to increase my return rate higher than 18000l/hr?

• SRC Member
I m sure bro..whats ur take?..cheers
And something which got me very curious. I can only know if a fish is healthy, but how do u tell if a fish is happy? I seen u commenting a few times saying your fishes are happy, wish to know how u tell....

• SRC Member

For a reef tank given your tank size, 2 x wp40 might not be enough. Does that mean u need to add more wavemaker for your fowlr tank as u say fowlr need more current than reef tank? Or if the 2 x wp40 is enough for your fowlr, does it mean i can use only 1 wp40 for a reef tank but need to increase my return rate higher than 18000l/hr?

Bro, we r not talking about what's enough flow n what's not here..all setups r different..can u setup a tank n can guarantee 100% success?..I believe that 2 x wp40 is enough for a reef tank my size..example at AM 's DT.. My FOWLR current flow is strong so far..still figuring out how to position my 2 wp40 so that sand bed dun have botak patches around..cheers

• Like 1

@ 291213

• SRC Member

And something which got me very curious. I can only know if a fish is healthy, but how do u tell if a fish is happy? I seen u commenting a few times saying your fishes are happy, wish to know how u tell....

Bro, did I say my fishes r happy?..maybe I m meaning my fishes r more active..swimming around n feeding well..I hope my fishes will b happy..by giving them proper current, enough food n adequate shelters to zzz during nite time..

We r sidetracking the topic..i m sorry to the TS for this..

@ 291213

• SRC Member
Bro, we r not talking about what's enough flow n what's not here..all setups r different..can u setup a tank n can guarantee 100% success?..I believe that 2 x wp40 is enough for a reef tank my size..example at AM 's DT.. My FOWLR current flow is strong so far..still figuring out how to position my 2 wp40 so that sand bed dun have botak patches around..cheers
Bro u got me confused. 1st u tell ppl that a fowlr need more current n reef need high return. And i am asking u regarding this matter and yet now u are saying diff setup are diff? 2nd question if u are asking me? Yes I can guarantee 100% success.

• SRC Member
Great wavemaker so far..for wave n flow, got to try n error the position n mode n power..I have got 2 x wp40 on the same side of the tank, 1 at the back n 1 at the front, 1 on w1 mode and 1 on else mode, both power s1..fishes r happy swimming around..cheers
Did I see happy?
  • Like 1

Not all corals need strong current.. The tissue of some corals can't take that strong current n will b ripped off..they need higher return flow..

for return flow, it depend on ur setup..I believe in higher return flow make the water cleaner..my FOWLR with ard 18000Lph is running good..cheers

Oh noted!

So just to clarify, a reef tank (I'm assume corals only or more corals than fish) would require less flow than a fowlr.

But placement of corals will depend on what kinda flow they will require. Correct?

Cheers :)