TanGo

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member
just wondering... do they include the bulb?

and can a 55w pl tube be used on a 2 footer?

Hmm a 55wPL is 21", add the connection clip another 1 inch.. so thats about 22" already... if it really comes in a hood, the ballast would be on top of the bulb... can fit exactly into a 2 footer in this way

• SRC Member

Actually I went to see if the PL light set will fit my tank.. Because I require a light set with around 21" or 22" in length.. After close inspection, I see that I still can get rid of at least another inch of the hood.. light set suppose to be 24" in length.. It does come with PL tube.. But what configuration it is I am not sure.. PL tubes are sold in Nature's at around $20 for a 10k tube. And $10 or $15 for a 6.5k.

• SRC Member
hmmm....

wait a sec...

a 55W 2 feet light set inclusive of the light bulb is going at $30??

i gotta swollow this for a while... :pinch:

Maybe later I go have a look again, maybe get one set.. Settle all your woes..

;)

• SRC Member
Just went to Marine Life in Yishun, saw they selling 2ft pl single tube light set 55W for only $30.. izzit possible?

Yah. Its possible... probably WITHOUT e-ballast. Which only means the lights will blink lots when it comes on, shortening life of the tube. Also it produces more heat and uses more energy... some 30% more.

Eballast sets are about double that price cos the ballast itself costs about $25 to $38 depending on brand and other factors.

If its 2ft, its probably a 36W, not a 55W...

• SRC Member

Confirmed.. $30, 55W but with ½ pink and ½ white light.. manufactured by CRAQUARIUM.COM.SG..

They left with 3 more sets.. I might go get another set, then strip it and modify it into my present FL light set..

BTW, it's an E-Ballast.. Modified to fit into the 2ft light set.. I think I will take a photo of the set and post it here probably tomorrow.. Settle all the arguments..

:heh:

• SRC Member

Think I am gonna grab another set, then rip the FL stuffs out of my existing set and replace them with 2 x 55W 10k PL tube.. How does it sound? Although I cannot fit a MH into my 2ft tank... At least I am looking at a 110W PL light set..

Comments?

If I squeeze 3 tubes in the existing light set.. hmmmmmmm.......

just a thought...

:idea:

• SRC Member

damn tango...

its very tempting...

i wudnt mind throwing away the hood and the thought of DIY-ing my hood to accomodate 2 36w pl light....

ard $120 for 2 X 55W wiff casing and eballast and 10k bulbs...

anyone needs a son ? :erm:

• SRC Member
damn tango...

its very tempting...

i wudnt mind throwing away the hood and the thought of DIY-ing my hood to accomodate 2 36w pl light....

ard $120 for 2 X 55W wiff casing and eballast and 10k bulbs...

anyone needs a son ? :erm:

Hehe.. $120 to upgrade to a 110W PL light set.. very worth it wat!

:eyebrow:

• SRC Member
tango says marine image bringing in 18" 10ks at $28 after cny....

Not marine image lah.. Another source.. You interested?

Anyway, I went this evening.. I grabbed the display set.. The rest sold out liao...