Emerald/Strawberry crab

I have 2x strawberry crabs in my setup.

My experience is with Stenopus shrimps instead.

These shrimps haven't lost any limbs and they co-exist rather peacefully with the crabs, each keeping within their own territory on their rocks.

Strawberry crabs are known to be the most peaceful of crabs and I occasionally catch sight of them picking on algae.

I would also like to add several emeralds for algae control though. Got some grape-like macros which seem to spread like wildfire!

Are emerald and strawberry crabs reef safe? Getting conflicting information from the web.

Reef-safe. They don't munch on corals and are not sinister unlike hitchhiker gorilla/hairy crabs. Can be compared to acropora crabs

• SRC Member

I have 2x strawberry crabs in my setup.

My experience is with Stenopus shrimps instead.

These shrimps haven't lost any limbs and they co-exist rather peacefully with the crabs, each keeping within their own territory on their rocks.

Strawberry crabs are known to be the most peaceful of crabs and I occasionally catch sight of them picking on algae.

I would also like to add several emeralds for algae control though. Got some grape-like macros which seem to spread like wildfire!

Yes bro, I have the same problem that why hope to add emerald too but not sure can put with strawberry anot.

Yes bro, I have the same problem that why hope to add emerald too but not sure can put with strawberry anot.

Oops, I would want to add also!

My tank is 2ft cube and I think adding 1x emerald would be alright, so long got enough hiding places for them:)