Im newbie in reef tank, need advice on simple set up, easy maintain co

Hello Bro and Sis, I am a newbie into this hobbies, your precious advice will be very much appreciated.

I am going to set up a 4ft(L) x 14cm(H) x 14cm(W) tank with a same size sump tank.

Basic equipment I have are:

Skimmer

The 2 tank with stand

54wts T5 light set

Please give me advice for below questions.

1) Simplest and cheapest Set up for Reef tank.include types of equipment.

2)Easy to keep and tough Corals types

3)Easy to keep and tough fish types.

Many Thanks in advance.

• SRC Member

Keep macroalges the easiest. He he he!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Cheers,

James

Reviving my reef tank :

Crystal glass 53" x 22" x 17" rimless (inclusive of 12"x22"x17" IOS)

Life Reef HVS3-24 with mazzei venturi

ATI Sunpower 8 x 39w T5 (4 x Blue plus, 2 x Aqua blue special, Coral plus)

ZET Light 3 x 3w LEDs moonlight

Arctica 1/3 Hp + 1/4 Hp back up

Vortech mp40w x 3 + Jebao wp25

Eheim 1264 x 3 + water blaster 5000

Vortech back up battery

TLF-150 + Rowaphos

Activated carbon

Kamoer 3 channel + CaCl2 + NaHCo3

150L Refugium with DSB, miracle mud, cheato

2ft T5 x 2 light tubes for refugium

Read some reviews and choose good brands. You will never regret getting better brands. You will end up spending more and coming into inconvenience when they breakdown.

Try to quarantine your fish. It sounds like a pain and a huge inconvenience but it will spare you so much agony. Trust me. I find fish really difficult to introduce. Once they settle in they are easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha, makes a bit of difference there. My advise would be to start slow and be patient. Nothing good comes fast in marine.

Well, Firstly we need to know what skimmer and light set u already have. For the lightset, how many 54w bulbs, brand and colour of bulb. For skimmer, what model as it will determine if its suitable to be used for the tank size.

What u will need for a simple set up:

1. Skimmer rated for your tank size + sump

2. Lightset

3. Return pump

4. Wavemaker

5. Some form of mechanical filter (filter floss/wool/sock)

Get these sorted before you think about more equipment like chillers, reactors etc. Good luck.

Also, what you planning to keep will make a difference in equipment choice. Decide if u wan corals or just fishes.

I Love Stagsss

• SRC Member
Still a newbie here. To add on, RODI unit or distilled water? NSW or salt mix? Plus ATO unit. Sent from my PadFone Infinity using Tapatalk
Depends on ur needs... I been using ntuc life brand distilled water.. Good and safe..hassle free..

Depends on ur needs...I been using ntuc life brand distilled water..Good and safe..hassle free..

Same bro. Using life distilled water as well. Ntuc quite near my place so it's pretty convenient for me lol!

Sent from my PadFone Infinity using Tapatalk

Haha, makes a bit of difference there. My advise would be to start slow and be patient. Nothing good comes fast in marine.

Patience for me is not a problem.

Well, Firstly we need to know what skimmer and light set u already have. For the lightset, how many 54w bulbs, brand and colour of bulb. For skimmer, what model as it will determine if its suitable to be used for the tank size.

What u will need for a simple set up:

1. Skimmer rated for your tank size + sump Free from my friend, stand at 2 ft tall, he use it for his 6 footer before.problem is the hight cant fit into my sump. or any smaller size skimmer to recommand ? can put in the sump type. not taller than 21 inchs..

2. Lightset Is Aqua Zonic: 4ft x 2 tube x54w Super sun 12k and 2ft x 4 tube x 24w super sun 12k

3. Return pump eheim brand ,( this flow rate have to be fast or slow?) My main tank and sump water volum will be 140 lit each.

4. Wavemaker What brand is good?how many I need?

5. Some form of mechanical filter (filter floss/wool/sock) My sump tank will have refugium set up

Get these sorted before you think about more equipment like chillers, reactors etc. Good luck. Resun CL650 Chiller, can go without reactor?

Also, what you planning to keep will make a difference in equipment choice. Decide if u wan corals or just fishes. I want to keep both, Any corals and fish that are hardy and easy to handle.Can recommend any?

this the skimmer

http://youtu.be/bfxLV0RpWJ4